Tagged in: Untagged
Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is a great solution for those whose needs and expectations are not met by shared hosting or whose website has outgrown their shared hosting plan. Virtual Private Servers provide users with root-level access to the server, while still keeping the ease and simplicity of a shared hosting account. Essentially, VPS is like a dedicated server, except that you “own” only part of the server’s resources.
You may ask, why not choose dedicated server hosting then? Businesses who choose VPS hosting usually cannot afford dedicated servers, but would like more from their hosting services than provided by shared hosting. While dedicated servers are a big financial and technical investment, VPS offers an “in between” option between this and shared hosting - complete with technical support and no requirement to own the hardware.
A few benefits of VPS hosting include:
- VPS hosting allows you to be in control of your server. You will receive full administrative access to your server, allowing you to choose to configure it any way you like.
- VPS hosting provides more features than shared hosting at a reasonable cost.
- VPS hosting allows you to only pay for what you use.
- With VPS hosting, if your website needs to accommodate more traffic, you can free up available resources on the server, thus managing heavy traffic without any hiccups.
- Because you are still technically sharing the hardware, you don’t have to be concerned about the physical server maintenance and security, that’s for your hosting company to worry about.
VPS hosting offers many advantages over traditional shared web hosting, but it depends on the specific needs of your business to determine which option will be most beneficial to you. In addition, VPS in the Cloud enables you to get all the benefits of VPS plus much more!