The Achilles Heel of incident response has always been communication, and one area where simple and quick team communication is really lacking is at the outset of an incident to assess the situation and initiate the plan. Strategic BCP recognized the problem as an opportunity to improve their product so they embedded ZipBridge within ResilienceONE, their award-winning Business Continuity Risk Management software.
By connecting to the ZipBridge platform, Strategic BCP allows clients to launch an instant outbound conference call for any group or response team in ResilienceONE. One click and everyone on the team receives a call and are conferenced together to debrief and plan the next steps. According to Strategic BCP’s CEO Frank Perlmutter, “It was simple, we added a button to the application to conference the team, we post the phone numbers to the ZipBridge API and they take care of the rest. The response from our clients has been fantastic.”
Strategic BCP has just renewed with ZipBridge for its 4th year because of the value its clients derive from the service. They are already maintaining groups and contact information within ResilienceONE, connecting to ZipBridge enables the next logical step to enable an instant emergency conference call with those groups at the outset or during an incident.
ZipBridge is a communication platform that enables instant team communications by calling out to participants and bridging them on an unscheduled or emergency conference call as they answer. No need for phone chains, text messages, emails and PIN’s to get the team on a call, just launch from the ZipBridge App or by calling a custom phone number and the team will recognize the call and be talking in seconds. More information can be found at http://www.ZipBridge.net.
About Strategic BCP
Since 2004, Strategic BCP has leveraged its deep experience in all aspects of business continuity management planning and disaster recovery. ZipBridge is featured in ResilienceONE®, Strategic BCP’s flagship software that enables real-time resiliency and recovery with advanced dependency mapping processes, plan workflow visualization, and integrated mobile solutions - across all industries. ResilienceONE is offered in the Cloud, On-Premise, or part of a Hybrid solution. Positioned as a “Leader” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Continuity Management Planning Software 3 years in a row, cited for outstanding customer experience, innovation, out of the box capabilities, and pricing model. More information can be found at http://www.strategicbcp.com.
The Business Continuity Institute - Jul 19, 2016 14:19 BST
Despite failing, last Friday's attempted coup d’état in Turkey proved revolutionary. It did so not politically, but in the way that news was shown. The days when the only source of information during an emergency consisted in a few reporters risking their lives among shots fired and crowds marching are over.
Yes, there were indeed brave correspondents in Ankara and Istanbul that provided regular updates with great passion, but they were only a fraction of the information channels available through the night. Thus, while many news agencies kept showing images of a closed bridge, it was possible to read the reactions of those on the grounds on Twitter, with people uploading videos of the crowd pushing back against the army on Periscope. An English native speaker filming from the centre of the protest even went as far as to ask online users to translate the crowd's chants in real time, which Turkish online users did. All of this went on while the Turkish President – Recep Tayyip Erdogan – was giving a speech from an unknown location via Facetime.
Of course not all of the news reported on these websites was accurate. At one point for example, President Erdogan was in Greece, Germany, Italy and the UK at the same time, four different users told. However, using common sense, one could disregard the bad pieces of information and get a rather accurate picture of the state of things on the ground.
This is obviously not the first time that online platforms play a part in providing news during a crisis. The Boston Police Department used Twitter during the 2012 bombing to give directions to people, the first video from the Brussels attacks was uploaded on social media, and it is well known how these websites played a part in the Arab Spring. Yet, this is the first time that I switched off the television to follow the news exclusively on my smartphone, reported by regular people, who had become ad-hoc correspondents.
I do not have the presumption to say that traditional media is not useful anymore, very far from that, but the news landscape has changed dramatically in the last few years, becoming more complex and confusing perhaps, but definitely more exciting.
Gianluca Riglietti is currently a Research Assistant at the Business Continuity Institute, where he provides support in managing publications and global thought leadership initiatives. He graduated at King’s College London in 2015, completing a Master’s in Geopolitics, Territory and Security.
Colo Atl Serves as Mission-Critical Facility for One of Southeast US’ Largest Tower Backhaul and High-Speed Networking Providers
ATLANTA – Colo Atl, the leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection solutions at 55 Marietta Street in Atlanta, GA, announces today that Tower Cloud, a southeast based Communications Infrastructure Specialist, has established a new Point of Presence (PoP) in Colo Atl’s downtown Atlanta facility. The company selected Colo Atl as a critical PoP on its network due to Colo Atl’s convenient location and notable reputation for reliability and flexibility. Colo Atl also provides Tower Cloud with invaluable access to a roster of more than 90 network operators and service providers, with no monthly recurring cross connect fees inside the Colo Atl facility.
Tower Cloud builds high-capacity broadband transport networks providing the highest quality and strategic dark fiber solutions throughout the Southeast US.
“The Tower Cloud network was built with future scalability and exponential growth in bandwidth demand in mind. We are excited to add Colo Atl’s facility to our list of mission critical sites in our expanding network,” comments Joe Patton, Vice President Sales and Business Development at Tower Cloud, Inc. “Tower Cloud has several customers who reside at Colo Atl, making it easier for us to provide direct service to them. We look forward to a mutually rewarding, long-term relationship with Colo Atl.”
“It is my pleasure to welcome Tower Cloud, an esteemed fiber network operator here in the Southeast to our Colo Atl family,” adds Tim Kiser, Owner and Founder of Colo Atl. “Tower Cloud is experiencing strong, steady growth as it opens its private network to the most demanding carriers and enterprise customers. Colo Atl is ready and well equipped to support this growth – through quick installations, expertise staff, incomparable customer support, and critical interconnection opportunities with no monthly recurring cross connect fees.”
Founded in November 2001, Colo Atl provides a reasonable, accommodating and cost-effective interconnection environment for more than 90 local, regional and global network operators. In 2016, the company is celebrating its 15-year anniversary of providing service excellence and growth. Learn more about our 15-year celebration promotions and other activities here.
About Colo Atl
Colo Atl, a JT Communications company, is the leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection solutions at 55 Marietta Street in the global telecom hub of Atlanta, GA. Colo Atl provides superior carrier-neutral colocation, data center and interconnection services at an affordable rate. Colo Atl is a carrier-neutral environment that allows all types of network operators to securely and conveniently cross connect within a SSAE 16 certified facility. Colo Atl has no monthly recurring cross connect fees between tenants and provides exceptional customer service.
Colo Atl is also home to the Georgia Technology Center (GTC), a live laboratory for network equipment vendors to highlight their optical and electrical hardware and operating systems, and the Southeast Network Access Point (SNAP), which provides next-generation Internet Exchange (IX) solutions, including SDN peering, testing, collaboration and implementation.
About Tower Cloud
Tower Cloud, a southeast based Communications Infrastructure Specialist, builds high-capacity broadband transport networks providing the highest quality lit Ethernet services and dark fiber solutions for mobile carriers, wireline carriers and enterprise customers throughout the Southeast. The company was a pioneer in the fiber-to-the-tower market and provides macro tower cell site backhaul services to all of the Big-4 wireless carriers. The company operates a fiber optic network with greater than 6,000 route miles connecting large tier 1 markets and Internet hubs as well as tier 2 & 3 markets and rural areas.
Tower Cloud also builds and operates small cell networks for wireless carriers. Tower Cloud delivered its first fiber “front-haul” solution in 2014 supporting Verizon Wireless’ small cell system in Atlanta’s Olympic Centennial Park. In 2015 the company expanded its small cell solutions to include full “turn-key” services to design, build and operate outdoor small cell networks including RF design, site acquisition, network construction and ongoing network operations. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, the company was founded in 2006 and has been named three times to the Inc. 500/5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies and to their list of the top 20 fastest growing telecommunications companies.
For more information, visit www.towercloud.com.
WATERTOWN, CT – Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, today announced the expansion of its line of WheelHouse™ Advanced Data Center Solutions to include comprehensive aisle containment solutions with both cold aisle containment (CAC) and hot aisle containment (HAC) options that significantly improve efficiency and cost-effectively expand capacity for today's data centers.
By either containing and isolating the cold air supply (CAC), or by guiding hot exhaust to overhead return air spaces (HAC), Siemon's Aisle Containment Solutions prevent the mixing of hot and cold air in the data center. This allows for higher temperature return air to improve the efficiency of existing cooling systems and reduce energy costs, while preventing overprovisioning of computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units. Alternatively, these solutions cost-effectively expand the capacity of the data center to cool higher heat densities, maximizing both cabinet and data center floor space without the need for supplemental cooling.
"Hotter return air temperatures facilitate heat exchange within cooling systems, improving power usage effectiveness (PUE) and reducing energy costs through lower fan speeds, higher chilled water temperatures and greater economizer hours while sufficiently cooling data center equipment to maximize performance and life expectancy," says Stuart Gray, product manager at Siemon. "For both new and retrofit situations, aisle containment systems are an economical way to prevent costly oversupply of cold air while enabling growth in data center environments -- whether using cold aisle containment for a raised floor environment with no overhead return air space or hot aisle containment to maintain an overall cooler working environment outside of the contained area."
Designed with robust seals for optimal thermal isolation, Siemon's Aisle Containment Solutions consist of CAC roof panels, HAC vertical standing and end panels, single and double manual and self-closing doors, and end panels that have been designed for quick and easy on-site attachment to rows of Siemon VersaPOD®, V800™ and V600™ data center cabinets. The containment systems are also compatible with Siemon's SidePOD® and Baffle solutions that support side-to-side ventilated active equipment. A range of accessories are also available to complement the system, including filler panels to fill spaces where cabinets are not present, wall mount brackets for installation against a wall for a single cabinet row, angled support brackets to provide lateral support to vertical panels when attaching to the ceiling is not feasible, and riser brackets to increase clearance within the contained aisle when using shorter (42U) cabinets.
Learn more about Siemon's Aisle Containment Solutions and other data center cooling solutions at:
Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status.
Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
The Partnership Strengthens Flowroute's Commitment to Provide an Advanced Suite of Innovative SIP-Based Solutions for Enterprises Worldwide
SEATTLE, Wash. – Flowroute Inc., the leading provider of advanced calling and messaging services for SaaS companies, today announced successful interoperability certification with VTech® Communications Inc., a global leader and manufacturer of SIP-based phones. The certification efforts verify compatibility for VTech's SIP-based ErisTerminal® business and ErisStation® conference phones used in conjunction with Flowroute's communications services. VTech joins the growing list of elite technology companies that have achieved certified membership in the Flowroute's Technology Partner program.
"By completing interoperability testing with Flowroute, we can provide our customers with reliable, high-quality voice experiences," said Graham Williams, vice president, business phones division at VTech Communications. "Certifying with Flowroute ensures our customers save time and money by mitigating deployment and operating issues, allowing them to focus on what's really important -- running their businesses."
The success of the interoperability testing assures high-performance operation of VTech's SIP-based business and conference phones with Flowroute's communications services, giving businesses the confidence to combine these modern communication technologies and benefit from the highest performance communication solution available.
"Our customers depend on us to ensure their businesses stay connected, which is why call quality and reliability are at the heart of Flowroute's communications services," said Dan Nordale, chief marketing officer at Flowroute. "We're excited to partner with a company like VTech that shares our commitment to providing innovative, high-quality solutions at an affordable price."
VTech provides a diverse collection of telecommunication products that elevate the business consumer experience through state-of-the-art technology and design. The Group's business phones scale from small operations to enterprise-level corporations. They are sold through a wide network of trusted partners and are backed by industry-leading warranties and U.S.-based training and support. The company has recently added an award-winning collection of SIP phone systems, featuring compatibility with hosted and open-source PBX platforms.
Founded in 1976, VTech is the world's largest manufacturer of cordless phones and the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy through toddler and preschool. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services. VTech's mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovative and high-quality products in a manner that minimizes any impact on the environment, while creating sustainable value for its stakeholders and the community. For more information, please visit: http://businessphones.vtech.com/.
Flowroute is the leading provider of communication services for SaaS companies. Flowroute gives developers and enterprises carrier-quality services with unprecedented performance, transparency and control to add voice and messaging capabilities into their apps and services to create unique user experiences. Flowroute is privately held and headquartered in Seattle, WA. For more information: www.flowroute.com.
Digital Transformation Driven by Storage Innovation Requires a Modern Storage Network
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) today announced the industry's first Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors for mission-critical storage connectivity and business resiliency solutions designed for the all-flash data center. This extends the company's leadership in offering the industry's most innovative and widely deployed Fibre Channel storage network solutions, building on the first Gen 6 Fibre Channel switch that Brocade delivered in March 2016. The new Brocade® X6 director family and the Brocade SX6 extension blade for Fibre Channel, Fibre Connection (FICON) and IP storage replication, combined with Brocade Fabric Vision™ technology, enables customers to drive always-on business operations, eliminate performance bottlenecks and adapt to the requirements of digital organizations.
As organizations continue to digitize and adapt to new workloads, they need a modern storage network that supports business agility. Fibre Channel fabrics are the common thread that connects organizations to their most critical applications and data. Ninety-six percent of banks, insurance companies and retailers rely on Fibre Channel as the most trusted network infrastructure for storage. Gen 6 Fibre Channel provides the digital enterprise with non-stop availability and incredible performance required for tomorrow's hyperscale data centers.
"Legacy networks will bottleneck flash storage minimizing the performance and economic benefits of this game-changing technology," said Jack Rondoni, vice president of storage networking at Brocade. "Brocade's Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions unleash the full value of today's flash technology and enable tomorrow's next-generation flash storage based on Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe). NVMe will be the next disruptive storage technology in the data center and customers will be able to seamlessly integrate NVMe over fabrics with Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel."
Network automation is key to modernizing data centers. According to a global CIO survey1, 75 percent of respondents stated that the network is impacting their organizations' ability to achieve business goals. The lack of network automation and integration of the network with other IT operations is the single biggest inhibitor to capitalizing on digitization.
Brocade has led the industry in automating storage networks with the industry's first implementation of RESTful API support in Brocade Network Advisor. This complete network-lifecycle solution brings an organization's information together into one simple, easy-to-use command-and-control application. It provides a programmable web-based interface through standard REST APIs to automate operational tasks such as zoning, scripting and reporting. In addition, standard REST APIs enable customers to use Brocade Fabric Vision technology to easily analyze fabric-wide health and performance. Brocade is also a key supporter of the OpenStack storage community, contributing Fibre Channel zone management to the OpenStack Cinder project.
New Innovations in Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel Enables Data Center Modernization
The Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel portfolio combines innovative hardware, Brocade Fabric Vision technology and ground-breaking integrated monitoring for storage IO and virtual machine (VM) performance. This delivers the industry's highest level of operational stability while redefining application performance for hyperscale, mission-critical storage. New innovations in Brocade's Gen 6 Fibre Channel portfolio include:
- Brocade X6 Director Family. The industry-first Gen 6 Fibre Channel director family delivers breakthrough application performance, data center-proven reliability and increased business agility to accelerate data access, adapt to evolving requirements and drive always-on business operations. The Brocade X6 directors provide up to 384 32 Gbps line rate ports and up to 32 128 Gbps UltraScale™ ICL connectivity ports delivering a total system bandwidth of 16 Tbps. Breakthrough 32 Gbps performance accelerates application response time by up to 71 percent over previous solution eliminating IO bottlenecks and unleashing the full performance of flash and next generation NVMe-based storage.
- Brocade SX6 Extension Blade. The Brocade SX6 extension blade for Fibre Channel, FICON and IP storage replication moves more data over distance faster and enhances security without compromising performance. With up to 80 Gbps application throughput per platform and line-rate encryption, the Brocade SX6 is designed for the most demanding environments. This purpose-built solution delivers business resiliency at scale with 32 Gbps Fibre Channel and 1/10 GbE IP storage replication over 1/10/40 GbE IP WAN connections to handle the unrelenting growth of data traffic between data centers.
- Brocade Fabric Vision Technology with IO Insight. Fabric Vision technology overcomes the traditional limitations of network monitoring by introducing IO Insight, the industry's only integrated network sensor that provides deeper visibility into the IO performance of storage infrastructure. This enhanced visibility enables quick identification of degraded application performance at host and storage tiers reducing time to resolution. IO Insight proactively monitors IO performance and behavior to gain unparalleled insight into potential issues and help maintain service levels.
- Brocade Fabric Vision Technology with VM Insight. Fabric Vison technology will include VM Insight for unparalleled end-to-end visibility into the storage performance of individual VMs. This feature optimizes VM performance and availability in a virtualized data center. VM Insight uses standards-based VM tagging to enable monitoring of VM-level application performance issues in a Gen 6 Fibre Channel SAN. Using this information, storage administrators can establish baseline application performance and identify anomalies in order to fine-tune the infrastructure to meet service level objectives. VM Insight also enables quick correlation with other Fabric Vision metrics to identify the root cause of problems before operations are affected.
Hitachi Data Systems is shipping the Brocade Gen 6 directors, blades and switch today. "Digital transformation enables businesses to deliver superior customer experiences. That cannot be accomplished without a modern and agile IT infrastructure that delivers information to customers faster than ever before," said Bob Madaio, vice president of infrastructure solutions marketing, Hitachi Data Systems. "The combination of the Hitachi flash portfolio with Brocade's Gen 6 directors, blades and switch enables businesses to transform operations and serve data to customers radically faster so they get what they want, when they want it."
Broad Industry Support from Brocade Partners, Flash Vendors and Industry Analysts
- "These new Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors from Brocade combine extremely high-density, non-blocking 32 Gbps port capacity and 128 Gbps inter-switch connectivity along with I/O performance monitoring capabilities that offer a remarkable degree of visibility into Fibre Channel storage networks. The emerging, high-performance flash platforms based on NVMe over fabric will need a network environment that can reliably supply massive bandwidth and low latency as well as a new set of management tools designed to ensure consistent and dependable peak application performance." - Steven Hill, senior research analyst, 451 Research
- "All-flash-arrays have become pervasive in today's modern data center and for the first time in a decade, the legacy storage network has become the application performance bottleneck. Customers who want to extract the intended value and application performance out of their SSD-based storage investment need to upgrade their Fibre Channel network to the new Brocade X6 Director and new servers with Emulex's Gen 6 Fibre Channel HBAs." - Jeff Hoogenboom, general manager, Emulex Connectivity Division, Broadcom
- "Dell's goal is to enable the Future Ready Enterprise and Brocade's continued Fibre Channel innovation is key for our joint customers in implementing scalable and always-on infrastructures. Brocade's 32 Gbps capabilities will allow customers to utilize flash storage today and future next generation technology." - Tom Burns, vice president and general manager, Dell Networking and Enterprise Infrastructure
- "Gen 6 (32 Gbps) Fibre Channel is an important upgrade to the market as we see storage transitioning to flash-based products and the need for higher speeds in the data center. Flash, which is architecturally different from traditional disk arrays from the storage industry, will benefit greatly from Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions." - Alan Weckel, vice president of SAN and data center market research, Dell'Oro Group
- "Gen 6 Fibre Channel couldn't appear at a better time. Due to continued tremendous data growth, increasing demands are being placed on IT infrastructure. The new Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel Directors not only provide large-scale deployment of the newest speed of Fibre Channel, but they provide data centers with additional insights into their I/O traffic. Our testing with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database has shown that using Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel switches and Emulex Gen 6 Fibre Channel HBAs resulted in 3.4 times faster performance and lower latency up to 70 percent." - Dennis Martin, president, Demartek
- "EMC declared 2016 'The Year of All Flash' for primary storage as businesses around the world reach an inversion point and make flash their de facto choice for their data centers. EMC is leading the pack with Unity, VMAX All Flash, XtremIO and DSSD delivering spectacular performance. However, to realize the full performance benefit, the storage networking performance has to keep pace with the arrays. After all, you wouldn't expect to hit the top speed of a Ferrari if you're driving on an unpaved dirt road. The introduction of Brocade's 32 Gbps directors extends EMC's 32 Gbps offering to our enterprise customers, enabling them to lay the network foundations for their flash-fueled futures." - Peter Smails, vice president, product marketing, Core Technologies Division, EMC Corporation
- "Updates to Fibre Channel technology is a not too frequent event. Gen 6 is faster but it's not just a matter of speeds. New features and capabilities with these new Brocade Gen 6 directors enable easier management and operations. Visibility provided by tools such as IO Insight or VM Insight enables better application management which is ultimately what matters to IT organizations. - Dan Conde, analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
- "The need for shared storage over high performance storage networks will continue into foreseeable future with customers continuing to need greater bandwidth and lower latency. Brocade's announcement of Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors and blade and support for NVMe over Fabric answers those two needs, needs that are made even more real by deployment of all-flash storage." - Randy Kerns, senior strategist, Evaluator Group
- "Using our digital business platform, MetaArc, Fujitsu supports customers with the technologies, tools, services and partnerships that help them achieve the agile and robust information and communications technology that best suits their needs to modernize on a global scale. We look forward to our continued partnership with Brocade to deliver storage networking connectivity solutions, such as Gen 6 Fibre Channel, which enable customers to make this digital transformation." - Kazuhiko Endo, senior vice president, Head of Data Center Platform Business Unit, Fujitsu Limited
- "In the era of data explosion, the launch of Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors means data exchange will be largely accelerated, which is crucial to enhancing the efficiency of enterprises' data centers. Brocade and Huawei have been jointly innovating and developing all-flash and active-active storage solutions. We will continuously strengthen our collaboration on storage network convergence and intelligent operation and maintenance and devote reliable, efficient and intelligent IT solutions to customers." - Zhao Chunhui, vice president, Huawei Storage Product Line, Huawei
- "For more than 16 years, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Brocade have delivered unparalleled value to our joint customers, providing them with comprehensive storage networking solutions with unmatched reliability, manageability and scalability. The launch of the new Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions demonstrates HPE and Brocade's continued innovations to deliver customers the most reliable and highest performing data center storage networks." - Neeraj Gokhale, vice president of storage marketing, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- "Fibre Channel technology continues to play an important role in the data center, providing lossless and secure data transmission maintaining a very loyal user community. New applications and the next generation of servers -- with additional CPU cores and higher speed connectivity, coupled with adoption of SSD storage -- is driving the need for higher performance storage networking. The introduction of Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology is an important and timely event advancing the storage networking market and also preparing for the arrival of NVMe-based flash storage which will demand additional storage network bandwidth." - Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., senior research director for data center, cloud and SDN, IHS Markit
- "Today's data-intensive enterprise requires quick and easy access to large amounts of data at all times and we pride ourselves in offering our customers storage systems with the highest possible performance and functionality at the lowest possible cost. It is solutions like the Brocade X6 director family and SX6 extension blade that allow us to meet the demands of companies around the world." - Bob Cancilla, vice president of global alliances, INFINIDAT
- "There is no doubt that the Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel portfolio will bring huge performance improvement while its new visibility features will reduce administration complexity for customers. We believe that our Inspur flash storage products together with Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel will meet customers' complex application requirements for large cloud computing and hyper-scale virtualized storage systems to provide highly reliable, scalable and available solutions." - Sun Gang, general manager, Storage Division, Inspur
- Brocade's new Gen 6 directors are evolutionary and revolutionary at the same time. They are a fundamental component for building the all-flash data center required by modern enterprises, where next generation protocols, like NVMe, and mission-critical workloads need the most reliable and robust storage networks. - Enrico Signoretti, analyst, Juku
- "As a leading all-flash storage company, we are defining the future of modern data centers in today's on-demand world. Given customers demand predictable storage solutions to grow and manage their business, our collaboration with Brocade will help drive the next generation of flash array technology and storage networking on Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions." - Shachar Fienblit, chief technology officer, Kaminario
- "An all-flash data center is a must for any business that is transforming digitally. With flash eliminating storage performance as a bottleneck, customers now want network upgrades that rebalance performance across the data center. Brocade's Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors deliver performance improvements for NetApp's fast-growing SAN customer base." - Maria Olson, vice president, Global and Strategic Alliances, NetApp
- "Brocade's data center fabrics and Fibre Channel solutions are the perfect complement to our predictive flash storage offerings. With the Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions, we will be able to help our customers adapt to the evolving requirements of an always-on business environment." - Dan Leary, vice president of corporate development, solutions and alliances, Nimble Storage
- "Pure Storage customers demand the highest levels of consistency, predictability and performance, and Brocade's Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions deliver strong in all three of these areas. Like Pure Storage, Brocade has a history of meeting the mission-critical demands of the data center and together, we are setting a new standard for the modern digital enterprise." - Matt Kixmoeller, vice president of products, Pure Storage
- "Next-generation databases and workloads are utilizing low latency NVMe and SSD flash-based storage coupled with the highly deterministic nature of Gen 6 (32 Gbps) Fibre Channel to meet the ever increasing user demand for faster performance and reliability. The new Gen 6 Fibre Channel switches from Brocade, coupled with QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters with StorFusion™ technology, which is integrated with Brocade Fabric Vision, deliver the performance, application response time and scalability characteristics required for mission-critical storage networking, making Fibre Channel the dominate interconnect for these environments well into the future." - Vikram Karvat, vice president of products, marketing and planning, QLogic
- "One of the biggest challenges in today's modern enterprise is eliminating data silos that can drastically slow priority workloads and operations. Brocade's Gen 6 Fibre Channel solutions provide the reliability and scalability our customers need to transform into a modernized data center." - Rob Commins, vice president of marketing, Tegile
- "Enabling customers to deploy the most powerful, trusted and flexible storage networks that are capable of meeting the performance demands associated with mission-critical application workloads is exactly why Violin Memory partners with Brocade. That is what Brocade's new Gen 6 Fibre Channel directors with Violin Memory's Flash Storage Platform offers the market." - Raj Das, vice president of business development, Violin Memory
- "As organizations continue to move to higher VM densities for rapid deployment of new applications, they require modern storage networks that can scale linearly and provide the performance to support thousands of users. VMware solutions with Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel enables predictable performance, reliability and scalability with end-to-end visibility to highly virtualized application data flows which allows service level agreements to be met." - Howard Hall, senior director, Global Technology Partnering Organization, VMware
Brocade X6 directors and Brocade SX6 extension blade are available now through Brocade and its channel partners. Other Brocade OEM partners will start shipping them in the second half of 2016. Brocade Network Advisor and IO Insight are available today. VM Insight will be included as part of Fabric Vision technology in the first half of 2017.
- Blog: Flash Forward with Gen 6 Fibre Channel
- Brocade X6 Directors Data Sheet
- Brocade SX Extension Blade Data Sheet
- Accelerating Oracle Data Warehousing with Emulex and Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel
- White Paper: Data Center Modernization with Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel
- theCUBE Video: How Gen 6 Unleashes Flash and NVMe for the Modern Data Center
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations turn their networks into platforms for business innovation. With solutions spanning public and private data centers to the network edge, Brocade is leading the industry in its transition to the New IP network infrastructures required for today's era of digital business. (www.brocade.com)
© 2016 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, ClearLink, DCX, Fabric OS, HyperEdge, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, VCS, VDX, Vplane, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and Fabric Vision is a trademark of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of others.
Information based on IHS Technology SAN and Converged Data Center Network Equipment Market Tracker - Regional, Q2 2016. Information is not an endorsement of Brocade Communication Systems. Any reliance on these results is at the third party's own risk. Visit www.technology.ihs.com for more details.
1 Global CIO Study 2015, Vanson Bourne, May 2015
Enables Customers to Better Detect and Prevent Advanced Persistent Threats, Zero-Day Events and Human Threat Actors From Inside the Network
SAN MATEO, Calif. – TrapX Security™, a global leader in advanced cyber security defense, today announced that it has joined the Palo Alto Networks® technology partner program. Under this program, TrapX has integrated its DeceptionGrid™ technology with Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform, providing joint customers with early detection and prevention of insider threats, advanced persistent threats (APTs), zero-day events and other sophisticated targeted malware.
As the threat landscape evolves and attacks become more sophisticated, deception technology has emerged as an important and innovative approach to breaking the cyber-attack lifecycle. TrapX DeceptionGrid directly integrates into the Palo Alto Networks WildFire™ cloud-based malware analysis offering, making it possible to detect and respond to unknown and zero-day threats in near real time. This allows customers to rapidly counter internal threats and attackers by automatically adapting their defense via this joint solution.
"By combining DeceptionGrid's ability to defend organizations' high value assets with Palo Alto Networks WildFire offering, organizations have an effective combined solution to detect and deter today's most challenging threats," said Carl Wright, executive vice president and general manager at TrapX Security. "Through this integration with Palo Alto Networks, we bring an automated, adaptive defense and response capability to our mutual customers. Together, the two offerings significantly reduce the time to accurately detect, prioritize and respond to advanced threats from the network edge to endpoint systems before they can compromise an organization."
"Organizations are increasingly encountering sophisticated targeted malware campaigns and human threat actors looking for valuable data inside their networks," said Terry Ramos, vice president of Business Development for Palo Alto Networks. "The integration with TrapX DeceptionGrid provides our joint customers with near real-time visibility and automated threat detection and response, enabling them to rapidly identify, confirm and prevent advanced threats from wreaking havoc."
For more on TrapX, please visit: www.trapx.com
Visit the TrapX blog: http://www.trapx.com/blog/
Follow TrapX on Twitter: @trapxsecurity
Follow TrapX on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/trapx
Like TrapX on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TrapX/258804147648401
TrapX Security is a leader in the delivery of advanced cyber security defense. Our solutions rapidly detect, analyze and defend against new zero-day and APT attacks in real time. DeceptionGrid™ provides automated, highly accurate insight into malware and malicious activity unseen by other types of cyber defense. We enable a proactive security posture, fundamentally changing the economics of cyber defense by shifting the cost to the attacker. The TrapX Security customer base includes Forbes Global 2000 commercial and government customers around the world in sectors that include defense, healthcare, finance, energy, consumer products and other key industries. Learn more at www.trapx.com.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of, and are used to identify, products or services of their respective owners.
New Parent Brand ATTOM Data Solutions Will Curate Enhanced ATTOM Data Warehouse Powering Bulk Data Business, RealtyTrac.com, Homefacts.com, HomeDisclosure.com
IRVINE, Calif. – RealtyTrac® (www.realtytrac.com), the nation's leading source for comprehensive property data, today unveiled a new multi-sourced national property database named the ATTOM Data Warehouse that will be curated by ATTOM Data Solutions, a newly created parent company operating a rapidly expanding property data licensing business along with existing consumer websites RealtyTrac.com, Homefacts.com and HomeDisclosure.com.
The new ATTOM Data Warehouse features enhanced and standardized data for more than 150 million U.S. property parcels -- representing an expanded footprint that covers 99 percent of the U.S. population. View ATTOM tax assessor coverage heat map and ATTOM sales deed & mortgage coverage heat map. The enhanced data warehouse is more than 9 terabytes and contains 13.9 billion rows of data and more than 6,000 discrete data attributes. Data available includes current and historical property tax assessor information, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard, health hazard, neighborhood characteristics, and other property characteristics -- all mapped to a unique ATTOM ID for each property.
"The new ATTOM ID is an innovation long-overdue in the real estate data industry, linking all property-centric data from myriad sources to one unique parcel identifier, and it's just one example of how the new ATTOM Data Warehouse creates value for our customers and elevates our industry," said Rob Barber, CEO at ATTOM Data Solutions. "Under the new ATTOM Data Solutions brand, our mission as a company will continue to be increasing real estate transparency for businesses and consumers. That mission will be carried out in a variety of venues, including bulk file licenses, APIs and customized reports, along with our increasingly popular consumer websites."
ATTOMIZED data: fast, flexible, never forgets
Construction of the ATTOM Data Warehouse kicked off in 2015 with the addition of newly sourced tax, deed and mortgage data creating a full, national public record footprint. This newly aggregated data -- along with an ongoing integration of more than 40 categories of neighborhood and parcel risk data -- prompted the development of an innovative data warehouse solution.
"The ATTOM Data Warehouse delivers data to our customers in an exponentially more efficient and flexible format than standard industry solutions that employ decades-old technology," said Richard Lombardi, EVP and GM at ATTOM Data Solutions. "Along with the unique ATTOM ID, innovations we've built into the new ATTOM Data Warehouse include its modularity -- giving our clients the ability to pick and choose only the data they need for their business rather than having to ingest an entire massive database in a one-size-fits-all approach -- and its ability to never forget vital snapshots of the data at any given point in time."
ATTOM an early adopter of latest Microsoft cloud-computing technology
Microsoft is featuring ATTOM Data Solutions on its customer stories website as an early adopter of SQL Server 2016 in its cloud computing environment, Azure.
"As an early adopter of SQL Server 2016 and Azure, ATTOM Data Solutions is setting a high bar for the real estate data industry," said Tiffany Wissner, Senior Director, Microsoft Corp. "ATTOM will be able to take advantage of the unparalleled performance and scale of SQL Server 2016 as well as higher availability and faster disaster recovery using Azure as part of their solution."
The Microsoft technology supplies the ATTOM Data Warehouse with virtually unlimited horsepower when fulfilling customer requests, according to Richard Sawicky, chief data officer at ATTOM Data Solutions.
"Processes that ran 24 hours on our old platform came back in less than three hours," he said. "The ability to generate the files much faster, and apply updates more quickly has definitely increased our ability to serve more complicated data sets."
Customer innovation story: data fueling predictive analytics for investors
The ATTOM Data Warehouse fuels predictive analytics and machine learning developed by Audantic, a Seattle-based company that provides top-tier real estate investors -- those typically purchasing about 100 homes a year -- with marketing lists of homeowners likely to sell.
"We've tried to source national property data from many places, and the ATTOM Data Warehouse is head and shoulders above the rest," said Franklin Sarkett, CTO of Audantic, which has grown from just two clients in 2014 to now having clients in more than 200 counties. "Without the data we wouldn't have a business."
ATTOM's high-quality data that is easy to ingest has been key for Audantic's meteoric growth and 95 percent client retention rate, according to Sarkett, who previously worked as a data scientist at Facebook.
"When we're creating machine learning models, the better the data is, the more predictive the result is. If we're feeding in bad data or inconsistent data or incomplete data … when we go to do the actual marketing it doesn't work," he said, noting the ATTOM data fed through Audantic's predictive models have produced improved results for clients. "We can eliminate 80 percent of the population and we can double or triple their results."
About ATTOM Data Solutions
ATTOM Data Solutions is the curator of the ATTOM Data Warehouse, a multi-sourced national property database that aggregates property tax, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard, health hazards, neighborhood characteristics and other property characteristic data for more than 150 million U.S. properties. The ATTOM Data Warehouse delivers actionable data to businesses, consumers, government agencies, universities, policymakers and the media in multiple ways, including bulk file licenses, APIs and customized reports.
ATTOM Data Solutions also powers consumer websites designed to promote real estate transparency: RealtyTrac.com is a property search and research portal for foreclosures and other off-market properties; Homefacts.com is a neighborhood research portal providing hyperlocal risks and amenities information; HomeDisclosure.com produces detailed property pre-diligence reports.
ATTOM Data and its associated brands are cited by thousands of media outlets each month, including frequent mentions on CBS Evening News, The Today Show, CNBC, CNN, FOX News, PBS NewsHour and in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and USA TODAY.
IQense Announces the Through-Channel Brand
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – IQense, a company providing channel management solutions which include channel enablement, through-channel marketing automation, channel incentives, and COOP and market development funds management today announced a platform refresh which delivers critical marketing and sales channel insights in a new dashboard module. Coinciding with this announcement, the company is also announcing the Through-Channel brand to better reflect its offering and business purpose.
The Through-Channel platform refresh brings channel intelligence and channel insights to the surface, upgrades the business rules and process engine behind the company's industry leading market development funds management system, and enhances the company's core channel enablement capabilities.
The new brand Through-Channel better reflects the company's 20+ year history of being a leading channel management innovator. Along with the new brand and logo the company also refreshed its online presence to better reflect the full breadth of its offering at through-channel.com.
"A strategic initiative for this year was providing customers a dashboard view of their channel management efforts," said Ram Rajagopalan, President of IQense. "As we began to work with our customers to visualize platform data, we realized we could provide very valuable channel insights into all aspects of the sales channel funnel. These channel insights, along with data being produced on channel enablement, really help our customers understand the level of demand in the sales channel funnel and how well the sales channel is executing on that demand," Mr. Rajagopalan went on to say.
"The rebranding effort was driven around a desire to have a more descriptive name and one that is easier for people to remember and pronounce," said Paul Yantus, CMO of Through-Channel. "We took great care to make sure we could accomplish a name change without a customer disruption. We believe Through-Channel really describes what the company does; we help our customers optimize all the key things they do through their sales channels," Mr. Yantus went on to say.
Through-Channel's platform is positioned well to assist brands in using channel data to optimize channel enablement, channel marketing, and channel execution. Through-Channel enables brands and their channel partners to collaborate effectively on creating awareness and channel demand and managing that demand through to revenue.
Through-Channel assists brands in optimizing their channel management efforts by providing channel enablement, through-channel marketing automation, channel incentives, channel insights, and CO-OP & Market Development Funds (MDF) management. For more information go to: http://through-channel.com/ or follow the company @ThroughChannel.
About IQense, LLC
IQense, LLC has a 20+ year history as a channel management innovator. The company was originally known as Pmh Caramanning and launched the industry's first online MDF and CO-OP solution under the brand Advertising Auditing Services (AAS). Pmh Caramanning and AAS were acquired by Pitney Bowes Management Services in 2005 and became Pitney Bowes Marketing Solutions. IQense acquired Pitney Bowes Marketing solutions from Novitex in late 2014. IQense provides channel management solutions which include channel enablement, through-channel marketing automation (TCMA), channel incentives, and COOP and market development funds management.
Trust accelerates digital transformation strategy by integrating its Electronic Patient Record with BridgeHead’s Independent Clinical Archive (ICA), HealthStore™
ASHTEAD, UK – Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Homerton) in east London has extended the use of BridgeHead Software’s Independent Clinical Archive (ICA), HealthStore™, which analyst firm Frost & Sullivan recently described as a third generation Vendor Neutral Archive or VNA 3.0, to integrate images into its Electronic Patient Record (EPR) in its efforts to realise its digital strategy.
Homerton initially deployed BridgeHead’s ICA, HealthStore, as the primary data repository for radiology images due to the ending of its national PACS contract in 2015. However, since then, the Trust has extended the ICA’s use to integrate image data into its Cerner Millennium EPR. The first ‘proof of concept’ stage was completed in November 2015, meaning clinicians can now view all radiology images, alongside patient notes, in the EPR, rather than logging into the ICA separately, saving them valuable time searching for patient information and providing a prompt and seamless level of patient care.
To continue on its digital transformation path, Homerton now hopes to expand the use of the ICA to archive all other departmental image data. The next areas under consideration are cardiology, medical photography and endoscopy. So, the ICA not only acts as a secure primary data repository, but can also easily integrate all other image data into the EPR.
Niall Canavan, Director of IT and Systems, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust comments:
“Though we fully understood its capabilities, and its place in our long-term digital strategy, we originally purchased the Independent Clinical Archive (ICA) to assist us as we exited the NHS National Programme for IT (NPfIT) and, specifically, the national PACS contracts. However, the ICA’s functionality meant that we could expand its use to an entire digital archive rather than just a traditional VNA or PACS image archive. We have proved how simple it is to use the EPR to call radiology images from the ICA, so we look forward to replicating this with data from other departments; cardiology is next on the agenda. Moving forward, we will be able to store, protect and share our electronic data in one place, making it a speedier process for the clinician to retrieve data and, thereby, providing more efficient treatment and a better patient experience.”
Tony Tomkys, Vice President, UK and Ireland, BridgeHead Software comments: “We are delighted that we can play a significant role in supporting Homerton with its digital transformation strategy. BridgeHead’s ICA provides a single, easily accessible and standards-based repository for all healthcare data, making it available across hospital departments and beyond, to those that need it, when they need it, at the point of care. The fact that it can also be integrated with Homerton’s Cerner EPR solution makes it an even more attractive proposition for Trusts wanting to achieve their digital ambitions.”
About BridgeHead Software
With 20 years’ experience in data and storage management, BridgeHead Software is trusted by over 1,200 hospitals worldwide. Today, BridgeHead Software helps healthcare facilities overcome challenges stemming from rising data volumes and increasing storage costs while delivering peace of mind around how to store, protect and share clinical and administrative information.
BridgeHead’s Healthcare Data Management solutions are designed to work with any hospital’s chosen applications and storage hardware, regardless of vendor, providing greater choice, flexibility and control over the way data is managed, now and in the future. For more information, visit http://www.bridgeheadsoftware.com or follow on Twitter at @BridgeHeadHDM.
For more information
Follow the BridgeHead Software blog
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Like BridgeHead Software on Facebook
Follow BridgeHead Software on Google+