Company Cited for its Mobile Infrastructure which strengthens its API management appeal
NEW YORK – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) has been named a “leader” in The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2016.* The solutions evaluated for the report include CA’s API Management portfolio, including the CA API Gateway, CA Live API Creator, CA Mobile App Services, CA Mobile API Gateway and CA API Developer Portal.
“The deep and broad functionality found within our API Management portfolio is critical for fostering the business agility necessary to thrive in the application economy”Tweet this
“CA’s full-featured API Gateway provides a rich and secure base for its solution, especially if customers use it with the high-end CA Mobile API Gateway and CA Mobile App Services. The combination provides a rich set of features for mobile scenarios, including device-to-back end API authentication, device level certificate management, single sign-on to multiple apps, and the ability to transfer user sessions across devices,” Forrester analysts stated in the report.
CA’s API Management solutions improve API life cycle management processes, from planning, designing, integration and security, to testing, deployment, managing and monitoring. The portfolio offers a variety of API tools that allow enterprise stakeholders, including developers and enterprise architects, business managers and security professionals, to speed development while integrating, creating and securing APIs on the road to digitally transforming their businesses.
“The deep and broad functionality found within our API Management portfolio is critical for fostering the business agility necessary to thrive in the application economy,” said Rahim Bhatia, general manager, CA API Management and Developer Tools. “CA is proud to be named a leader in API Management by Forrester and other experts following and providing guidance in this sector.”
To receive a complimentary copy of the report, please visit “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2016.” To learn more about CA Technologies API Management solutions, visit http://www.ca.com/api.
* The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2016, by Randy Heffner with Christopher Mines and Amanda LeClair, November 14, 2016.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments. Learn more at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2016 CA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
NEW YORK – Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has been named to the ‘Winner’s Circle’ and designated as the ‘overall leader in innovation,’ ahead of all competitors, in the inaugural HfS Research’s Blueprint for Intelligent Automation. The report recognizes Accenture’s vision and investments, its tools and platform strategy and its approach to applying intelligent automation in the delivery of services, across organizational boundaries, with a focus on vertical industry solutions and business process consulting.
“By transforming the relationship between humans and machines, businesses can achieve unprecedented levels of creativity, innovation and growth.”Tweet this
The report is the first qualitative analyst assessment of intelligent automation, a nascent market that HfS defines as a continuum across Robotics Process Automation, Cognitive Computing, Autonomics and Artificial Intelligence. HfS projects exponential growth in this area in the next twelve months, due to broad-scale deployments and increasingly holistic automation approaches.
Accenture was praised for the plug-and-play, technology agnostic approach of its artificial intelligence engine, which allows clients to harness the latest leading capabilities from across the commercial and open source ecosystem. HfS also cited the broad cognitive capabilities of its myWizard® platform, which is playing a central role in the evolution of service delivery. The report noted that the latter is by far the most compelling build out of virtual agents currently available. Additionally, clients interviewed for the Blueprint commended the company’s quality of delivery.
“Accenture stands out as a leader in delivering comprehensive intelligent automation solutions, leveraging extensive industry knowledge and technology capabilities,” said Tom Reuner, VP, Intelligent Automation Research, HfS Research, and author of the report. “The company’s offerings are integral to helping its clients embrace the ideals of the As-a-Service Economy.”
“As the collaborative bond between humans and machines deepens, companies are making intelligence and automation pervasive in their business,” said Bhaskar Ghosh, group chief executive, Accenture Technology Services. “Solutions such as the Accenture myWizard® platform take advantage of this collaboration to enable smarter, more innovative and more efficient operations that help clients achieve greater productivity and insights to improve business performance.”
“Accenture is a leader in investing in automation and transforming the delivery of business process and infrastructure services in order to help our clients transition to the As-a-Service economy,” said Debbie Polishook, group chief executive, Accenture Operations. “Our intelligent automation capabilities, coupled with advanced analytics, are a critical component of this shift -- enabling us to deliver services with increased speed and efficiency, and driving greater innovation as clients generate and analyze data, gather insights and achieve better business outcomes.”
“Artificial intelligence technologies are coming of age and maturing rapidly—disrupting and transforming how businesses operate and compete and how people work and live. We see the combinatorial effect of AI technologies creating new business value through reimagined business models and processes that deliver better outcomes for clients,” said Paul Daugherty, chief technology officer, Accenture. “By transforming the relationship between humans and machines, businesses can achieve unprecedented levels of creativity, innovation and growth.”
Accenture’s strengths highlighted in the report consist of:
- Holistic automation strategy: The Accenture Intelligent Automation Platform integrates Business Workflow Management, Delivery Management, Intelligent Automation, and Analytics and Insights, with a neutral ERP interface at the core. This is further enhanced by the Accenture AI Engine.
- Strategically embedded analytics: Accenture Digital has more than 13,000 professionals dedicated to integrated analytics, essential for converting the data driven by intelligent automation into actionable insights and business outcomes.
- Integrated vertical offerings: Accenture is helping to drive robust and point solutions into industry offerings, such as its Claims Adjudication Advisor and Lease Abstraction Advisor that combine a virtual agent with broad cognitive capabilities.
- Strong collaboration with ecosystem partners: HfS noted that Accenture is building out dedicated intelligent automation practices; the strategic lever in the ecosystem is the AI Engine that allows a plug-and-play integration of disparate assets.
The findings of the HfS Blueprint report were determined by data for this Blueprint was collected in Q2/3 2016, covering services buyers, service providers, and advisors/influencers in this space. The top twenty system integrators, pure-play business process outsourcing companies (BPOs), the ‘Big 4’ and leading specialist consultants were evaluated in this study. Research consisted of interviews with buyers, structured discussions with service providers and publicly available information.
The HfS Research Blueprint for Intelligent Automation report can be accessed here.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
New solutions promote private, public, and hybrid cloud application deployments; Equinix partnership enhances services flexibility and performance via direct, private access to cloud infrastructure
SEATTLE – F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV) today unveiled a series of solutions and innovations designed for customers requiring rich, consistent application services across private, public, and hybrid cloud application deployments. In addition, F5 announced combined solutions with Equinix Cloud Exchange and Performance Hub that empower enterprises to deploy business-critical applications in multiple public cloud infrastructures with leading security, availability, and performance.
“A digital economy means that applications and services must be easy to deploy, low-friction, and quick to scale to help organizations pivot toward new market opportunities”Tweet this
As businesses transform to digital-first organizations, applications and associated services are vital for competitive differentiation. F5 is bringing these solutions to market as IT must enable both established and emerging environments to better integrate DevOps practices, agile development, and cloud resources. F5 sits in a unique position at the convergence of cloud and data center application services, enabling customers to embrace modern infrastructures without sacrificing security and control.
“A digital economy means that applications and services must be easy to deploy, low-friction, and quick to scale to help organizations pivot toward new market opportunities,” said Ryan Kearny, EVP of Product Development and CTO, F5. “Only F5 provides programmable, feature-rich software and hardware to unify the delivery of apps across data center and cloud environments, including container and microservices use cases. Our solutions further reduce deployment time through valuable integrations, native orchestration capabilities, and compelling partnership solutions, such as our colocation offerings with Equinix.”
Migrating IT workflows to the cloud promises significant advantages, but can place unintended stress on parallel management, security, and operations functions. While evolving their business models, organizations are challenged to deliver service enhancements to keep up with the changing requirements of growing user counts, applications, and traffic volumes. As enterprises travel different paths to the cloud, F5 is introducing technologies that bridge between established IT and more cloud-fluent infrastructure models.
- The BIG-IP® iSeries™ line of ‘software-defined hardware’ Application Delivery Controllers
F5 is expanding its BIG-IP offerings with the iSeries. The new hardware platforms incorporate industry-leading programmability with support for node.js via iRules LX™, enabling customers to tailor their systems for evolving infrastructure needs. Unique to the iSeries, F5’s TurboFlex™ technology enables selectable performance profiles to maximize investment protection and deliver dedicated cloud, security, and app delivery optimizations. Similarly, iSeries platforms can be specifically configured to support enhanced DDoS protection, as well as private cloud and SDN technologies from organizations such as OpenStack, Cisco, and VMware. Additional detail about F5’s iSeries platforms is available in this companion blog post.
- Partner solutions with Equinix for application delivery services in colocation environments
F5’s comprehensive partnership with Equinix, leveraging both the Equinix Cloud Exchange and Performance Hub, enables enhanced global access to application delivery and security services. Through the Equinix Cloud Exchange—available in 21 markets—F5 provides direct, seamless access to its cloud services, bypassing the public Internet and thus increasing performance and security. And, by combining the F5 cloud gateway with Equinix Performance Hub, customers can take advantage of a hybrid interconnection model, providing high-speed and low-latency connectivity between multiple cloud providers and enterprise networks. The net result of F5 and Equinix efforts is an optimized, secure application delivery model that delivers the utmost in application performance and user experience possible. For more about F5’s collaboration with Equinix and cloud interconnect colocation, please see this Equinix blog post.
- Lightweight proxy and connector technologies to encourage cloud and hybrid deployments
F5 will expand its agile software portfolio with solutions that are simple to use and integrate with management and orchestration tools. These technologies grant customers a more flexible approach to application deployment and better take advantage of the operations gains and efficiency of the cloud. Specifically, F5 is introducing the following:
- Application Services Proxy provides basic load balancing and application traffic visibility in a small, lightweight form factor that can quickly be deployed. This gives customers ultimate flexibility in developing, testing, and scaling applications and associated services in concert with cloud and container environments.
- Container Connector offerings enable the provisioning of services for containerized applications, and make it easy to integrate capabilities from management/orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Mesos/Marathon. For simple load balancing, Application Services Proxy can be used in highly portable environments; for more substantial application delivery services, the connector automates provisioning to a BIG-IP solution.
- Application Connector dramatically simplifies access for enterprise applications hosted in the public cloud, providing the security and availability services those applications require. To accomplish this, it delivers application services from the edge of the cloud by automatically discovering cloud-hosted instances and connecting them to the customer’s data center or hosted location.
“F5 has defined goals of easing customers’ transition to the cloud and supporting their application-driven digital initiatives,” said Zeus Kerravala, Principal Analyst, ZK Research. “Organizations can use the company’s hardware and virtual editions to migrate services to a cloud, hosted, or hybrid environment, with F5 technology effectively serving as an advantageous gateway. In the F5 framework, customers and (their app developers) can select cloud providers without limiting services to individual applications, confining themselves to restrictive use cases, or depending on shadow IT to support apps.”
“Today’s organizations are continually asking how they can provide crucial application services—such as identity federation and SSO—in both on-premises and cloud environments,” said Greg Adgate, VP, Global Partnerships & Alliances, Equinix. “By offering connectivity to critical applications via the Equinix Cloud Exchange and integrating them with our Performance Hub solution, we are enabling customers to heighten productivity and enhance security to a globally distributed user base, and with lower costs.”
BIG-IP iSeries platforms are available now. Offerings from F5 and Equinix, along with related partnership details, are available now. Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional product and service availability information pertaining to specific countries. Formal availability for F5’s Application Services Proxy, Container Connector, and Application Connector technologies will be announced at a later date.
- Applications are Powering the Next Business Transformation – F5 Blog Post
- The Innovation Bus: IT in the Driver’s Seat – F5 & Industry Panel Discussion
- F5 BIG-IP Platform – Product Information
F5 (NASDAQ: FFIV) provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, telecommunications, and software-defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications and services to anyone, anywhere, at any time. F5 solutions broaden the reach of IT through an open, extensible framework and a rich partner ecosystem of leading technology and orchestration vendors. This approach lets customers pursue the infrastructure model that best fits their needs over time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends. For more information, go to f5.com.
F5, BIG-IP, iSeries, iRules LX, and TurboFlex are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expects,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” or “continue,” or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.
Customers Can Protect The Availability Of Their Network
HERNDON, Va. – XO Communications (XO) has launched Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation Service as part of the XO Security Services product portfolio. The XO DDoS Mitigation Service provides customers an essential component of sound security practices recommended by cyber-defense experts to help mitigate crippling network attacks. With XO DDoS Mitigation Service, customers avoid unplanned and potentially exorbitant costs should their network come under a DDoS attack.
#DDoS Mitigation Service now available from @XOComm.Tweet this
Deployment of high-performance DDoS mitigation network devices is quite costly resulting in many companies hesitating to dedicate company resources to install the equipment in their networks. To address customer needs, XO is offering its DDoS Mitigation Service with pricing plans that are based on the customer’s known circuit bandwidth, making it easy to ensure resources are in place should a DDoS attack occur.
DDoS Mitigation Service is available with XO services that access the Internet, such as Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) MPLS IP-VPN, SIP, and IP Flex. The service offers 24/7 support to help customers protect the availability of their network infrastructure and minimize downtime by mitigating DDoS attacks.
“According to Radware, more than 90 percent of business executives reported that they experienced a cyber-attack during the past year, and 50 percent of those companies were subject to a DDoS attack,” said Peter Taft, vice president of product management and strategy at XO Communications. “Companies, more than ever, need to have in place a method to deal with DDoS attacks should they occur. Our new DDoS Mitigation Service offers businesses a cost-effective way to manage DDoS attacks while preserving productivity without risking significant and unplanned expenditures which can reduce profitability.”
About XO Communications
XO Communications provides the technology that helps business and wholesale customers compete in a hyper-connected economy. In the U.S., XO owns and operates one of the largest IP and Ethernet networks that customers rely on for private data networking, cloud connectivity, unified communications and voice, Internet access, and managed services. To learn more about XO Communications, visit www.xo.com or blog.xo.com. XO Communications is also on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Newly Available Product Releases to Deliver Next-Gen Infrastructure and Management for Modern Applications in Cross-Cloud Environments
PALO ALTO, Calif. – VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced the general availability of new releases of VMware vSphere®, VMware vSAN™ (formerly VMware Virtual SAN), VMware vRealize Log Insight and VMware vRealize Operations to help IT operations teams more efficiently run, manage and secure their traditional and modern applications on- or off-premises.
These new releases advance the VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™, which enables customers to run, manage, connect, and secure their applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment. As the world's most complete hybrid cloud architecture, the Cross-Cloud Architecture delivers consistent deployment models, security policies, visibility, and governance for all applications, running on- and off-premises, regardless of the underlying cloud, hardware platform or hypervisor. VMware's Cross-Cloud Architecture builds on its leading private and hybrid cloud capabilities by offering customers the freedom to innovate in multiple clouds, and is delivered through VMware Cloud Foundation™, VMware vRealize Suite and a new set of Cross-Cloud Services™.
Newly available offerings include:
- VMware vSphere 6.5 -- VMware vSphere 6.5 includes new features and multiple enhancements to deliver a simplified customer experience, comprehensive built-in security, and a universal applications platform to support all application types including containerized applications. Specifically, this latest release includes new features in the VMware vCenter Server® Appliance, new REST-based APIs, an HTML5-based VMware vSphere Client, and virtual machine encryption. VMware vSphere Integrated Containers™, a new feature of vSphere 6.5, is scheduled to be available later in Q4 2016. VMware vSphere 6.5 will be featured in vSphere with Operations Management 6.5. We also expect this new release to be a part of VMware Cloud Foundation moving forward. Learn more here.
- VMware vSAN 6.5 -- VMware vSAN 6.5 further improves total cost of ownership (TCO) savings by adding support for containers and physical workloads, unveiling iSCSI support, eliminating networking hardware costs from two-node Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO) configurations, and adding all-flash hardware support to vSAN Standard Edition. A new VMware Ready for vSAN certification program is also now available to provide customers with the confidence that file services and data protection partner solutions will seamlessly deploy, run and interoperate with vSAN. Additionally, vSphere Virtual Volumes™ 2.0 is now available, featuring enhanced enterprise-readiness through capabilities like native support for array replication as well as support for business-critical applications such as Oracle Database with Real Application Clusters. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize -- To further accelerate the delivery of infrastructure and applications, VMware has expanded the functionality of its comprehensive, integrated vRealize cloud management platform via the introduction of container management capabilities and support for Microsoft Azure as a dedicated endpoint. The newly available VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.0 features enhanced alert management and a redesigned user interface, while vRealize Operations 6.4 now delivers improved alert management and metric grouping, new customized dashboards, and predictive DRS for improved workload performance. Scheduled to become available later in Q4 2016, VMware vRealize Automation 7.2 will simplify hybrid cloud deployments with new out of the box support for Microsoft Azure. Additionally, it will enable IT to discover, deploy and manage containers throughout their environment with new container management capabilities. vRealize Automation 7.2 will also feature out of the box support for ServiceNow enabling vRealize Automation service catalog items to be accessed directly via ServiceNow. Learn more here.
- VMware Cloud Services -- VMware has expanded to include new Hybrid Cloud solutions for the enterprise. VMware has introduced the beta of a new vCloud Air disaster recovery solution and the beta of VMware Cloud Foundation on vCloud Air. These releases enable customers to gain cloud scale, agility, and flexibility with compatibility for a unified hybrid cloud experience. Learn more here.
New Coursework and Hands-On Labs Now Open for Registration
- vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to V6.5] -- available January 18, 2017
- vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] -- available January 27, 2017
- vSphere: Optimize and Scale [v6.5] -- available February 3, 2017
Customers, partners and prospects can also test drive the newly available solutions such as VMware vSphere 6.5 via the VMware Hands-on Labs Online. VMware Hands-on Labs is the easiest way to explore new and existing products at no charge.
"Cognizant provides infrastructure and business process services to healthcare organizations to help them achieve new levels of IT performance and efficiency. Key to solving our customers IT challenges is driving increased efficiency via automation and our leading TriZetto healthcare solutions. We're excited about VMware vRealize Automation 7.2's support for Microsoft Azure which will help us to provide our customers with rapid access to their development environments with control and governance." -- Rene Lopez, VP Architecture, Cognizant
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for VMware vSphere starts at $995 per CPU. VMware vSphere Integrated Containers is a new feature of vSphere 6.5 (also supported on vSphere 6) and will be available for VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition™ customers at no additional charge.
VMware vSAN list price starts at $2,495 per CPU. VMware vSAN for desktop list price starts at $50 per user. VMware vSAN Standard Edition now includes support for all-flash hardware.
- Read "VMware Announces General Availability of vSphere 6.5" blog post
- Read "vRealize Operations 6.4: Supercharge your SDDC Intelligent Operations" blog post
- Read the IDC whitepaper that quantifies the energy and carbon emission reductions from VMware vSphere and compute virtualization technologies
- Revisit VMworld 2016 News in the Online Press Kit
- Connect with VMware on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers accelerate their digital transformation. VMware enables enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT with VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ and solutions for the data center, mobility, and security. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, VMworld, vSphere, vSAN, vRealize, vRealize Automation, Cross-Cloud Architecture, Cloud Foundation, Cross-Cloud Services, NSX, vCenter, vCenter Server, vMotion, vSphere Integrated Containers, VMware Ready, Virtual Volumes, Log Insight, vCloud, vCloud Air, vCloud Air Network, Admiral, vRealize Operations, vCloud Availability, vCloud Director, and vSphere Enterprise Plus Edition are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Streamlines the customer complaint management process and ensures compliance with detailed regulatory requirements
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – Quantivate today announced the release of its new module called Quantivate Complaint Management -- a simple and effective SaaS solution, which effectively automates the process of complaints management. Complaints are the natural occurrence of any organization and in the current regulatory environment, the management has be intensified, leaving spreadsheets no longer as an option for any organization to stay compliant.
Quantivate Complaint Management software facilitates compliance with the growing regulatory environment, and helps organizations meet both governmental and voluntary regulations for complaint handling. Customer complaints flow into any organization from various touch points from emails, direct mail, calls, regulators, and social media. Organizations need to effectively manage these complaints to ensure efficient handling and resolution not only for their customer satisfactions, but also to remain compliant with regulatory bodies.
"Organizations need a simple and effective solution to automate the process of complaints management while still meeting the growing demands of regulatory bodies like the CFPB," said Andy Vanderhoff, Quantivate CEO and founder. "We designed the Quantivate Complaint Management module to not only automate the intake, management, and resolution of complaints, but we also included built-in analytics to help identify compliance issues or potential risks."
With one centralized database the Quantivate Complaint Management software module enables users to manage the entire complaint lifecycle with real-time complaint tracking, reporting, alerts, and escalation of potential issues. Quantivate Complaint Management is a simple to use and configurable solution which includes the ability to track and manage complaints from customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, record follow-up actions, and report on any findings or regulatory non-conformance that may be associated with a complaint.
Quantivate Complaint Management Key Features:
- Real Time Complaint Tracking: As complaints are entered, researched, and resolved, you'll be able to easily visualize and track where each complaint is in the complaint lifecycle.
- Regulatory Compliance: Effectively meet regulatory requirements from CFPB, UDAAP, DFI, ISO, etc.. In addition, enter tracking information for other regulators of your choice.
- Escalations: Automatically escalate any complaints that have been open or idle for too long, and quickly view how long a complaint has been open without resolution.
- Response Templates: Use built-in response templates, or create your own, to respond quickly to common complaints.
- Executive Reporting and Dashboards: Designed to offer insights for busy executives that want to quickly understand relevant risk trends.
- Comprehensive Reporting: Pre-made and custom reporting options available to view risks by location, product/service, and other criteria.
- Alerts and Notifications: Customizable alerts and notifications are available to notify you when a complaint has been received, escalated, approved, or resolved. If a complaint has remained open for too long, then a notification will be generated to notify the appropriate party.
- Analytics: Complaint data is collected and compiled over time to demonstrate which products, branches, and services are trending with high or low complaint volume.
Quantivate Complaint Management can be used as a stand-alone complaint management module or integrated as part of the greater Quantivate GRC solution suite. For more on Quantivate Complaint Management please visit: http://quantivate.com
Quantivate is a provider of web-based Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) software and service solutions to organizations both large and small nationwide. Founded in 2005 with the release of its Business Continuity Software, the company has grown to feature a full suite of modules for GRC including Business Continuity, Vendor Management, Enterprise Risk Management, IT GRC, Internal Audit, and Regulatory Compliance.
Quantivate's products and services have been audited, reviewed, and passed examinations from many state and federal examiners including: NCUA, FDIC, OCC, State Financial Institution Examiners, State Insurance Commissioners, FDA/HIPAA, WHO/CDC, NERC and CFPB.
Cycle Computing and Dell EMC address HPC and Big Compute workflow requirements of data movement, orchestration, security, cost control, and backup
NEW YORK, NY – Cycle Computing, the leader in cloud computing orchestration software for Big Compute and Big Data, today announced that Dell EMC will offer its software and services as an option with Dell EMC HPC Systems.
Cycle Computing's CycleCloud provides an optimized experience for users, maximizing the value of internal infrastructure and harnessing the emerging value of public cloud. It is a single tool and user interface that reduces time and complexity for admins and IT and is the first solution of its kind to solve the problems of zero queue and unlimited scale required with Big Compute, while addressing the entire workflow requirement of an enterprise including its data movement, orchestration, security, cost control, and back-up.
"At Dell EMC, we are constantly looking for the best ways to serve our customers, and Cycle Computing is a valuable addition to our HPC offerings," said Jim Ganthier, senior vice president, Validated Solutions, and HPC organization, Dell EMC. "With Cycle, Dell EMC will be the first to offer 'crate to cloud' for HPC in a matter of hours and will help our customers accelerate time to results while reducing cost and complexity."
"Cycle Computing is excited to partner with and assist Dell EMC in being the only vendor to provide a complete approach to enabling cloud as a standard option with its HPC systems," said Jason Stowe, CEO, Cycle Computing. "The convergence of big data and cloud technologies is the new frontier in enterprise cloud offerings and we are very much looking forward to our role in this next step forward."
ABOUT CYCLE COMPUTING
Cycle Computing is the leader in Big Compute software to manage simulation, analytics, and Big Data workloads. Cycle turns the Cloud into an innovation engine for your organization by providing simple, managed access to Big Compute. CycleCloud is the enterprise software solution for managing multiple users, running multiple applications, across multiple clouds, enabling users to never wait for compute and solve problems at any scale. Since 2005, Cycle Computing software has empowered customers in Big 5 Life Insurance, Big 10 Pharma, Big 5 Hedge Funds, F500 manufacturing, startups, and government agencies, to leverage hundreds of millions of hours of cloud based computation annually to accelerate innovation. For more information visit: www.cyclecomputing.com
Hitachi Content Portfolio With Hitachi Content Intelligence Transforms Data Into Relevant Business Information Delivered to the Right People When It Matters Most
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced Hitachi Content Intelligence, an addition to its trusted Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), making it the industry's only object storage portfolio with search and analytics capabilities. The new intelligence solution rounds out the HCP portfolio, which already offers a seamlessly integrated cloud-file gateway and enterprise file sync and sharing, and continues to improves organizations' ability to strategically manage data. More than 1700 customers have already adopted HCP as a key component in their digital transformation journey. With Hitachi Content Intelligence, these customers can transform data into relevant business information and deliver it to the right people, when it matters most.
Hitachi Content Intelligence addresses the challenges of exploring and discovering relevant, valuable and factual information across the growing number of data producers and siloed repositories that plague organizations today. By aggregating multistructured data, Hitachi Content Intelligence enables insights to be surfaced faster, data management and governance to be more complete, and to understand the distribution of organizational data based on its value to the business.
"Hitachi Content Platform has transformed the way we handle compliance investigations and cut the time needed for discovery searches from weeks to hours. Hitachi Content Intelligence is now an important and necessary part of our global compliance monitoring, discovery, and intervention architecture," said Walter Hendricks, BA, CCEP-I, business change manager, Discovery & Intervention - Compliance Expertise & Operations, Rabobank.
Rabobank serves more than 10 million customers in 47 countries, employs over 51,000 people worldwide and, like all financial institutions, is subject to strict regulations in each of the countries where it operates. The company needed a solution that would be efficient, flexible and comprehensive for current and future compliance investigations. With Hitachi, the bank now gives approved users all the data they need at their desks without having to ask for IT support.
Customers such as Precision Discovery, and the National Archives and Record Administration (NARA) have turned to HDS to solve their most critical digital transformation initiatives. With the seamless integration of Hitachi Content Intelligence, long-standing HCP portfolio customers are able to analyze their endlessly growing amounts of structured and unstructured data without having to turn to a third party.
The National Archives and Records Administration uses HCP and Hitachi Content Intelligence to store, preserve and make accessible their largest and most prominent electronic records collections to include emails, photos, documents and dozens of source applications that have been converted to open formats. "We selected Hitachi Content Intelligence over competing Solr-based implementations or building our own, due to its use of a flexible software developers kit and its integration with HCP. In addition, we know the architecture will not constrain what we want to do with the platform," said Jason vanValkenburgh, vice president at Hitachi Consulting, which provides project management and application development for the project with HDS Federal and prime contract holder, ViON Corporation.
"Precision Discovery recognizes the value in HCP with Hitachi Content Intelligence in solving the parts of the litigation lifecycle that are the most difficult to manage. This platform allows us to build custom solutions that greatly reduce customer costs, increase visibility and manage risk. None of this is possible without the intelligence, extensibility and raw power of Hitachi Content Intelligence," said Howard Holton, CIO, Precision Discovery.
According to Scott Baker, senior director of Emerging Technologies at Hitachi Data Systems, "For today's enterprises, data is the most strategic asset, and connecting the right people to the right data in a timely and meaningful way is critical to staying relevant and competitive in their market segment. Hitachi Content Intelligence lets customers organize, transform and package organizational data into factual information, making it invaluable to the business."
With Hitachi Content Intelligence organizations can:
- Improve employee productivity and efficiency by creating a standard and consistent enterprise search process across the entire IT environment.
- Empower all levels of the organization with a self-service and intuitive out-of-the-box data exploration experience that includes support for detailed queries and ad hoc natural language searches.
- Discover new insights faster through automated extraction, classification, enrichment and categorization of all of their data.
- Minimize business risk and exposure from data that is inaccessible, dark, or has been lost, while improving the operational effectiveness of the business.
- Optimize existing infrastructure by identifying infrequently accessed data and automate its relocation to a lower-cost object storage tier.
Key features of Hitachi Content Intelligence include:
- Centralizes organizational data and transforms it into valuable and relevant business information.
- Connects to and aggregates multistructured data across heterogeneous data silos and different locations.
- Offers flexible deployment options that include physical, virtual, or hosted (public or private cloud).
- Handles high degrees of scalability and availability with support for distributed and dynamic cluster sizes that can burst to more than 10,000 instances.
- Maintains data sensitivity by ensuring that only authorized users have access to specified results with integrations to authentication services, document-level security controls, and granular access policies.
- Delivers personalized and self-service results that are tailored to the individual user or group that accesses the data.
- Includes extensibility with published application programming interfaces that support customized data connections, transformation stages, or building new applications.
- Deploys with an intuitive workflow designer, administration tools, and a guided data exploration and search application.
With Hitachi Content Intelligence, organizations can now connect to and aggregate data silos, transform, and enrich the data as it's processed, and provide analytics across all the data stored on the platform -- making it the industry's only object storage portfolio with seamlessly integrated cloud gateway, file sync and share, and data search and analytics capabilities.
About the Hitachi Content Platform Portfolio
The Hitachi Content Platform portfolio is the only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search and analytics to create a tightly integrated, simple and smart cloud storage solution. HCP provides massive scale, multiple storage tiers, powerful security, cloud capabilities, broad protocol support, multitenancy and configurable attributes for each tenant, all backed by legendary Hitachi reliability. Designed to reliably hold data for long durations, HCP carries built-in data protection mechanisms and is designed to fluently evolve with storage technologies without the need for tape backup. Furthermore, HCP is able to address a wide range of challenges through a thriving community of third-party software partners. HCP eliminates the need to maintain separate systems for each workload. Customers enjoy faster time to value and service providers accelerate time to market by eliminating the hassles of do-it-yourself integration.
Learn More. Join the Conversation.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help global organizations open new revenue streams, increase efficiencies, improve customer experience and ensure rapid time to market in the digital age. Only Hitachi Data Systems powers the digital enterprise by integrating the best information technology and operational technology from across the Hitachi family of companies. We combine this experience with Hitachi expertise in the internet of things to deliver the exceptional insights business and society need to transform and thrive. Visit us at HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, delivers innovations that answer society's challenges with our talented team and proven experience in global markets. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal 2014 (ended March 31, 2015) totaled 9,761 billion yen ($81.3 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes power & infrastructure systems, information & telecommunication systems, construction machinery, high functional materials & components, automotive systems, healthcare and others. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Rackspace today announced support for Red Hat Ceph Storage 2, expanding its Rackspace Private Cloud powered by Red Hat porftfolio of services. This new version from Red Hat is based on the 10.2 Jewel community version release of Ceph and addresses key stability requirements for enterprise customers.
Data storage growth is both a reality and a burden for today's enterprises. With the move to digital and data intensive workloads, enterprises are storing an increasing amount of data.
With Rackspace Private Cloud powered by Red Hat support for the Red Hat Ceph Storage 2 release, customers can gain the performance benefits of software defined storage, without taking on the burden of having to deploy, operate, monitor and troubleshoot their OpenStack or OpenStack storage environment.
This new release is the most stable version yet of Ceph and provides numerous features and benefits to enterprise users including:
- Exabyte-level scalability
- Open APIs
- Reliability and availability
- Multi-Datacenter Support
- Cost effectiveness
For more on Rackspace support for Red Hat Ceph Storage 2, check out the blog post: http://blog.rackspace.com/enabling-software-defined-storage-as-a-service-with-openstack.