First ever platform with built-in cloud cost optimization eliminates need for secondary data center anddelivers DR at 50-75% less cost
BOSTON – OneCloud Software, a leader in the emerging hybrid cloud management market, today announced the general availability of OneCloud Recovery, the first and only platform to provide fully automated disaster recovery for a VMware-based data center using Amazon’s AWS as a virtual disaster recovery data center. The only solution on the market with built-in cloud cost optimization, OneCloud Recovery delivers disaster recovery at 50 to 75 percent lower total cost than any other solution available today.
DR in the cloud
Disaster recovery (DR) has traditionally been a major challenge for IT departments. Even with the advent of server virtualization and other technologies that have simplified DR implementation and some aspects of ongoing management, it is often still a complex and extremely costly undertaking.
While the public cloud promises lower cost, simplicity, and agility for some applications, it is impossible for an enterprise or service provider to use the public cloud to achieve simple, automated and cost-effective disaster recovery without OneCloud Recovery. Specifically, using OneCloud Recovery between VMware and AWS for DR allows:
- Organizations to achieve recovery times between 1 and 24 hours without an expensive, complex secondary data center
- Fully automated DR from installation through the full DR lifecycle without any noticeable disruption
- Full disaster recovery protection at 50 to 70 percent lower total cost due to OneCloud Recovery’s advanced cost avoidance engine
- Accomplish all of the above without any previous knowledge of AWS. The user only needs to know the types of recovery policies they want provisioned.
OneCloud is the first company to harness AWS as an automated substitute to other DR offerings at a fraction of the cost.
“OneCloud is proud to reach this milestone – not only as a company, but to empower an industry that struggles with complexity and manageability,” said Marc Crespi, CEO of OneCloud Software. “We are finally able to simplify disaster recovery for Managed Service Providers looking to dominate the growing Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) market or for customers who want to simplify self-managed disaster recovery. At a time when data is growing exponentially and enterprises of all sizes need a scalable, manageable and cost-effective solution, we are uniquely delivering just that. For the first time, we are intersecting the cloud and disaster recovery in a way that can serve the ever evolving needs for every business.”
According to Gartner, “Wider adoption of DRaaS can be largely attributed to the proven viability of cloud-based solutions. Today, Gartner estimates the size of the DRaaS market to be approximately $1.3 billion, with a related compound annual growth rate of approximately 30%.”1
DR during lunch
DR with OneCloud can be initiated over a lunch hour. OneCloud Recovery installs in 30 minutes and will begin protecting applications and data within 60 minutes – and is the only scalable solution on the market built for enterprises of all sizes.
OneCloud Recovery features include:
- DR for any VMware-based data center using AWS, eliminating the need for costly secondary data centers and other over-priced cloud;
- Auto-discovers on-premise infrastructure by plugging directly into Vsphere;
- Uses a simple policy engine to provide recovery points and recovery times between 1 and 24 hours;
- Fails applications over to the AWS DR site; failback to bring only the modified data back to the primary site;
- Through its patented Automated Cloud Engine™ (ACE), eliminates the need for a need a secondary data center filled with expensive infrastructure that is complex to manage.
OneCloud Recovery Customers/Partners
“Our staff uses this highly automated product to protect and successfully restore applications in the AWS Cloud,” said Mike Fowler, Associate Director of IT, Momenta Pharmaceutical.
“We have deployed the OneCloud Recovery solution at a number of our customers,” said Peter Estes, CEO of Axis Business Solutions. “OneCloud Recovery is offered at a scale and total cost of ownership the competition can’t match.”
OneCloud Recovery is now available and will be demoed at the OneCloud booth #308 at VMworld 2015, August 30 – September 3, 2015 in San Francisco.
About OneCloud Software
OneCloud Software simply and cost effectively unlocks the power of the public cloud as a secure enterprise data center extension. Through its patented Automated Cloud Engine™ (ACE), OneCloud quickly and simply auto-discovers a company’s primary infrastructure and sets up a cost-optimized replica in the cloud. Policy management capabilities enable business driven protection guidelines for applications and data, and the resulting hybrid cloud includes the automation, scalability and efficiency necessary for applications like disaster recovery and business continuity. OneCloud Software, Simplifying the Cloud. For more information, visithttp://www.onecloudsoftware.com/.
1Gartner, Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, John P Morency, Christine Tenneson, 21 April 2015