Primary Job Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the development of advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the Business Units according to the eBay Inc, Enterprise Resiliency framework can respond to a disaster in order for the critical business functions to be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized, and any stricken facilities can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. This responsibility includes coordinating and managing the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall Web Site and non-Web Site disaster recovery plans as well as for each critical functional area of the organization. These disaster recovery plans must address three major elements of the recovery process: (1) the Emergency Response organization for crisis management and procedures for reacting to and coordinating recovery efforts; (2) the Recovery Support procedures for restoring key organization/functional resources; and (3) the Business Resumption procedures for the continuation of critical business processes. This position will be responsible, in a highly visible supporting role, for the tactical and strategic planning of Web Site and non-Web Site recovery for eBay.com, PayPal.com, and our Adjacency Business Units globally. The candidate will be managing disaster recovery initiatives interacting with technical support engineers in all areas of supporting operations departments globally and must be able to multi-task numerous ongoing initiatives. Comprehensive knowledge of web site networks, information technology, and infrastructure requirements is essential in working with operations/technology engineers and being able to relate to them on a technical level. A web site and information technology technical background is a necessary requirement. The Disaster Recovery Technician will also be responsible for participating in any actual disaster recovery effort as well as supporting on-call initiatives.
- Productive team player, capable of performing complex scheduling, control, planning and influencing with minimal supervision. Ability to work with people both individually and in groups.
- Project management capability with strong analytical and independent reasoning abilities. (Microsoft Project Software or equivalent)
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to emphasize a desire to provide high quality, customer service. (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Operational knowledge of WEB and Database development.
- Operational knowledge of Information Technology infrastructure.
- Understanding of web and non-web Architecture and Infrastructure frameworks a plus.
- Knowledge regarding systems development life cycle and data center operations would be beneficial.
- Travel and off-hour on-call support required.
- 2 - 3 years experience in banking, business continuity, ecommerce, or related fields.
- Project Management experience required.
- BCI or DRI certification preferred.
Recorded: March 27, 2013 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
Amid all the human devastation caused when Hurricane Sandy hit the North-east United States there was a stark realization that many of the plans put in place by “Business Continuity” specialists had been unable to withstand the force of the disaster. As a result, in this vitally important economic region it was anything but business as usual in the aftermath of the storm.
As a company supporting more than 50,000 businesses across the NE of America Regus gained a unique insight into the effects of Hurricane Sandy on the local business community especially with regards to business continuity. As such Regus is going to be presenting an interesting ‘lessons learned’ session answering to what were the reasons for the failure of traditional BC strategies. Having 150 of their own locations affected Regus adopted a “dynamic recovery” strategy itself. Whilst affected in many areas the majority of the Regus business center network was able to keep on working – enabling its customers to carry on running their businesses and even accommodating new customers on a temporary basis. The presentation will be packed with real examples of the experiences described.
Bob Gaudreau is a sales and marketing expert with true global expertise. As Executive VP at the Regus, he’s been instrumental in the company’s global expansion.
As our Global Business Continuity Sr. Manager, you'll lead the company's global Crisis Management/Business Continuity program. You'll drive and deliver Crisis Management/Business Continuity commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results globally. You'll develop and maintain a strategic framework for the company's Crisis Management/Business Continuity program including, fundamental accountabilities, short-term goals and objectives, medium-term strategic initiatives, and long-term mission and vision. You'll define, articulate and implement the company's Business Continuity planning methodology and maturity model delivering standard tools and processes for plan documentation, plan review, and plan updates. You'll foster a Crisis Management/Business Continuity culture at the company through education and training of Executive and Senior Management at the Corporate, Regional and Business Unit levels. You'll determine and marshal the resources needed to drive Crisis Management/Business Continuity results globally. You'll direct the identification and analysis of critical business functions and deliver effective Business Recovery strategies to support and, in time of disaster, recover the company's critical business functions. You'll drive and deliver key Business Continuity components and processes including Crisis Management and Communication and Business Recovery while working closing with Emergency Response and IT Disaster Recovery. You'll direct regular training and testing of documented Crisis Management and Business Recovery teams and plans. You'll evaluate the effectiveness of Crisis teams at executive, corporate, and regional levels as well as documented strategies against documented recovery (RPO/RTO) targets and other key measures. You'll drive and deliver a Crisis Management/Business Continuity scorecard which reports on the company's related initiatives and results. You'll identify key performance measures and benchmarking data to evaluate the effectiveness of the company's Crisis Management/Business Continuity program. In addition, you'll communicate program status, scorecard and testing results with various levels of leadership.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Business preferred or an additional 2 years' related work experience considered in lieu of a degree
• MBA, CMA or CPA preferred
• Minimum of 10 years' related work experience with Fortune 500/multi-national consumer products company
• Preferred certifications include: MBCP, CBCP, PMP, ARM, CPCU, or equivalent
• Ability to communicate and influence senior and executive leaders to achieve program goals
• Experience building and leading crisis management programs
• Experience building and implementing standard Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, and other Business Continuity tools and capabilities
• Experience preparing and presenting reports to executive leadership
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
COMPANY: SunGard Availability Services
TITLE: Senior Consultant, Storage Consulting Services
INTERNAL ID: 8725
LOCATION: Denver, CO or Norwalk, CT or Wayne, PA or Jersey City, NJ or Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX or San Ramon, CA or Huntington Beach, CA
SALARY: $80 – 120k
About the Position:
In this role you will be a Senior Consultant within the Consulting Services business unit of SunGard Availability Services. You will lead a group that focuses on delivering Data protection and Storage services to our clients. This includes leveraging emerging technologies and solutions to address client problems and deliver exceptional results. This service line is at the core of the Technology Architecture (TA) practice. You will be responsible for solution development, practice development, and thought leadership for your service line and for the Technology Architecture practice as a whole.
- Attaining Billable Utilization (90%) goals.
- Able to travel up to 75% within the US (typically Mon thru Thurs).
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to clients and staff.
- Leading small teams through delivery of Service Line solutions and serve as mentors to Consultants.
- Junior Subject Matter Expert (technical or business analyst) within a Service Line.
- Understanding of Service Line delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them.
- Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects.
- Provide input to the project manager when he/she is developing the project plan.
- Be able build out solution offering deliverables from loosely defined specifications.
- Be able to review and provide feedback on functional and technical documents/deliverables created by other team members.
- Be able to create requirements documents, design documents, test plans/cases, etc.
- Serve as backup for project manager in his/her absence.
- Propose suggestions to make the project more productive or successful to project management in a tactful manner.
- Building and managing relationships with client for the projects you are working on
Requirements / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a consulting firm organization.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Storage domain.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a client relationship within your current project.
- Possess a strong track record in delivering Infrastructure solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams.
- Minimum 1 year small team management experience.
Specific SKILLS (EXPERIENCE):
1.) Minimum 6 years’ experience with data protection or storage administration and three of the following:
- EMC Clarion
- EMC Symmetrix
- HDS USP/USPv/VSP
- IBM DS Series
- IBM XIV
- IBM TSM
- Symantec NetBackup
- EMC NetWorker
- CommVault Simpana
2.) Minimum 4 years’ experience with system administration in at least 3 of the following:
- AIX 5.x and above
- Solaris 9 and above
- Microsoft Windows 2003 and above including Active Directory
- HP-UX 11i and above
- Red Hat Linux 7.x and above
- SUSE Linux
3.) Basic understanding of storage, data protection, network, server, virtualization architecture design and implementation principles.
COMPANY: SunGard Availability Services
TITLE: Senior Consultant - Operational Resiliency Consulting
INTERNAL JOB CODE: #8814
LOCATION: Huntington Beach, CA 92647 or San Ramon, CA 94583 or Chicago, IL 60018
EMAIL RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vision is to be the IT solutions provider of choice to ensure the availability of our customers’ business operations. Do you want to make a difference in one of the world's leading IT services companies? SunGard Availability Services offers careers that combine the independence of working in a small entrepreneurial environment with the depth of resources of a Fortune 500 technology company. www.availability.sungard.com
At SunGard Availability Services, we provide operations support to organizations that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission critical information and applications up and running. With the recent launch of our Enterprise Cloud Services, SunGard continues to invest in new technologies to stay in the foreground of technology innovations that solve business challenges.
Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard Availability Services is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting and business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep critical technology and applications available.
At SunGard Availability Services, we know that our people are our greatest assets; we work hard to develop our employees and rely on them to make wise choices. The result is challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters growth and encourages professional development. That’s why over 3000 dedicated professionals chose SunGard Availability Services as their place of employment. www.careers.sungardas.com
INTRODUCTION TO SUNGARD AVAILABILITY SERVICES - CONSULTING SERVICES:
SunGard Availability Services (SunGard AS) Consulting Services (CS) provides technology services to help our customers remain available, adaptable, and operationally excellent. We do this by advising and supporting our customers in the management of risk for their mission critical processes, systems, and people. Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting, business continuity risk management services, as well as business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep people, processes and information connected. Within SunGard AS, the Consulting Services division is migrating to a partner-based consulting model. Our goal is to drive more strategic value to our customers through deeper relationships with broader risk-based service offerings.
SunGard AS is an operational unit of SunGard. With annual revenue of more than $5 billion, SunGard is a global leader in software and processing solutions for the financial services, higher education, energy trading, and public sector. SunGard serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 50 countries, including the world’s 50 largest financial services organizations. SunGard’s combination of industry leading consulting services and software solutions provide distinct advantages to customers that are not available from our competition and limitless career opportunities for our over 25,000 team members around the world.
Within SunGard’s Consulting Services organization, the Operational Resilience Practice contains three practice areas, which are Risk & Resiliency Strategy, Business Continuity Management and IT Service Continuity that support SunGard’s six vertical industry markets by delivering assessments, programs and solutions related to their respective areas. As a Senior Consultant you will primarily be responsible for project delivery within this organization.
1. Analyze, define and recommend solutions in support of a client’s Operational Resilience Program as defined within the scope of assigned projects.
2. Effectively manage scope of deliverables as contracted; reporting issues to Engagement Manager as necessary and aligning work responsibilities for on-site team as necessary.
3. Maintain an awareness of technological and program advancements in the field of Operational Resilience.
4. Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects: Work closely with a project manager to develop solutions; Support business development activities as needed; Manage work load to deliver quality deliverables on time and under budget.
5. Communicate status effectively and engage client in further development of their delivery needs.
6. A utilization goal of 95%.
7. Able to travel up to 75% within the US (typically travel is Monday thru Thursday only).
Certification (such as ABCP, CBCP MBCI) is desired.
Requires Project Management experience; Consulting and Industry Methodologies that support effective Business Continuity Management program development.
Requires strong work management skills (time, accounting, project completion, forecasting).
Requires effective analytical and reasoning skills to plan, develop, implement and integrate strategies, policies and objectives and carry out needs, risk and financial analyses.
Previous experience leading project teams in successful delivery of BC/ITSC projects.
Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas: Operational Resilience Assessments; Operational Resilience Strategy; Continuity Program Development; BIA; Recovery Strategy and BC/ITSC Plan Development; Testing; BCM Program Management; working knowledge of compliance with Industry Standards and Regulations.
Where applicable, a Subject Matter Expert in one or more technical areas of delivery such as: Mainframe; Distributed; Cloud; Virtualization; Storage; Backup; and other technologies evolving in the Operational Resilience discipline today.
OTHER SKILLS AND CONSIDERATIONS:
Senior Consultants will be required to travel extensively for periods of time on engagements (upwards of 75 – 100% of the time). Senior Consultants are required to work through periods of time where they will be heavily engaged in viewing computer screens, reading and reviewing documentation or expected to lead intense work sessions that require high levels of concentration.
Senior Consultants must also be able to deal with personalities and work through issues to meet the requirements of the client. They may be onsite where they are required to think independently and strategically in support of a client’s needs.
The Senior Consultant must have excellent listening, speaking, writing, decision making, problem solving and presentation skills and the ability to deliver solutions through a crisis or disaster event.
Senior Consultants will be required to work in Client allocated workspace (when onsite), so environmental conditions can be unpredictable and may present some additional challenges.
|Social Media in a Crisis: Friend or Foe?|
|Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
By adopting business continuity management, organizations are better equipped to meet the challenges they face when a disruption occurs. ISO 22301:2012 specifies the requirements for setting up and managing an effective business continuity management system (BCMS) for any organization, regardless of type or size. Using and compiling with the standard can help your organization gain confidence in its ability to manage any disruption effectively and demonstrate that you are equipped should the unexpected hit the business. Learn the best practices contained within ISO 22301 and how the standard can lead you through setting up, managing and improving a BCMS.
John DiMaria is a management system professional, responsible for overseeing product roll-out and client/sales education. He is the product expertise spokesperson for BSI Group Americas.
We are very happy to announce that the Disaster Recovery Journal is now available in a mobile version. Our mobile version is just like the hard-copy print edition that you read and enjoy.
Available for Android and Apple devices, Disaster Recovery Journal mobile gives you:
- Relevant articles written by some of the industry's best
- Articles on continuity, enterprise resiliency, records management, IT concerns and more
- Regular columns, surveys and other popular features
Thanks to the technology from Godengo+Texterity, this new app gives you a mobile magazine that is highly readable, portable (download and read offline), searchable, and the articles are formatted specifically for mobile reading.
To download the Android app, visit the Google Play website. This app runs on Android 2.1 and up. This app is free - so go download it now.
Please remember to log in and give us your feedback.
To download the Apple app, visit the iTunes Store. This app runs on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The Disaster Recovery Journal mobile runs on iOS 4.0 or later and is free.
Make sure you give us a review and a rating on the iTunes Store.
You can easily download our magazine from Amazon. Enjoy reading on your Kindle that is running a minimum of Android 2.1. Our mobile magazine is free - so get going and download it. Be sure to write a review of our new app.
We look forward to receiving your feedback on our new mobile app. Don't be shy - tell us what you like and don't like. Happy reading and learning!
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Increasingly, companies are moving components of their business operations to the cloud, including backup and disaster recovery. The reasons are compelling:
* Reduced IT expenses
* Greater efficiency
* Greater collaboration and mobility
But news headlines are a stark reminder that not all Clouds are created equal. When evaluating a Cloud service provider to manage your critical business data, it's important to understand how your security goals and those of the Cloud provider are aligned.
Asking five critical questions today could save you considerable headaches tomorrow. Learn what these questions are and how they can help you ensure a secure cloud solution for your organization.
About Our Presenter
Arleen Urquhart is a Product Marketing Manager focused on Cloud-as-a-Service solutions at EVault. She has more than 15 years experience in the IT industry helping such companies as Oracle, Siemens-Nixdorf, Stratus Technologies, and Symantec bring business critical solutions to market.