Spring World 2016 is the premier business continuity conference in the world. We bring together the best in business continuity education, technology, and research to give you three packed days of learning and networking.
- Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be BC Pros
- Resilience and the Nation’s Power Grid
- Beware of Artificial Readiness
- 2015 Alternate Site Directory
Sustainable Planner® is everything you need in one powerful tool. SP supports all aspects of organizational resilience including business continuity, BIAs, disaster recovery, incident management, risk assessments, situational awareness, BCMM, and program assessments.
According to ESG’s most current IT spending intentions research, increasing the use of server virtualization and improving backup and recovery are consistently among today’s most important IT priorities (see Figure 1).1This situation has been the case since 2012—in each annual survey, virtualization and backup have been either...
Latest BC/DR White Papers
- Exploring the Business Continuity Software Market
- Technical Brief: Secure, Efficient Data Deduplication for Endpoint Protection
- Five Security and Risk Management Questions to Ask Your Cloud Provider
- The Cloud Advantage: Five Ways the Cloud Is Better for Business When Disaster Strikes
- Four Myths of Cloud Backup
- Taneja Report: Making the Virtual Infrastructure Non-Stop
- Disaster Recovery Planning Guide
- Strategies to Solve and Optimize Management of Multi-Tiered Business Services
Written by: Vicki Thomas
August 28, 2005 is a day that stands out as marking one of the worst natural disaster ever experienced in the United States. Television and Internet viewers watched as the city of New Orleans, LA was overcome with the force of Hurricane Katrina. Over 1,000 people were killed, more than $100 billion in damage was done and so many people have struggled to get back to life as they knew it pre-Katrina.
There is a lot that has already been written about Katrina, the disaster response, the mistakes made, the stories of people’s survival, the missteps in the ensuing 10 years of recovery and about what still lays ahead for those impacted. We aren’t going to say anything new here that hasn’t already been said. Instead we’ve collected a number of links to articles that provide different views and stories on what happened, what is happening and what should happen moving forward to enable recovery from this disaster.
How to Accelerate IT Resiliency Through Virtualization
Download the White Paper Here!
Fall World 2015 Exhibitor Guide
Click Here to See Who's Exhibiting This Year!
SW 2016 Call For Papers!
Now Open! Submit yours Today!
Spring Journal, Volume 28, Issue 2
Download the Full Contents Here!
Disaster Resource Guide
Check out this Brand New Feature!
October 21, 2015
Cybersecurity: Before, During and After a Breach
October 14, 2015
Crisis Communications: The Modern Do’s and Don’ts
#DRJournal Twitter Feed
- A Practical Disaster Recovery Approach for Mission Critical Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems
- Thinking About Hurricane Katrina 10 Years Later
- Q and A with DRJ Fall World 2015 Speakers
- How Do You Know What To Say?
- Communication Lessons
- Do SANs Need Defragmentation?
- Fault Tolerance in Virtualized Data Centers
- The Right Words Can Be Hard To Find
- How Do You Know Who To Trust?
- 5 Trends Making the Cloud Your DR Epicenter
- What is a geo-cluster and how can it help prevent data loss?
- The Defeat Device: Compliance and Ethics in the Auto Industry
- Layering Governance Over Cloud
- VVOLs and VMware
- Studies Show BYOD Still a Vexing Issue for IT and Employees
- Storage in a Diversifying Data Environment
- A Taste of Designing Mobile Experiences
- Rita Forced Lamar University to Create Contingency Plans on Contingency Plans
- Supply Chain Disruption Hits 76% of Businesses a Year
- The Critical Role Analysis Plays in Your Business Continuity Program: An Overview of BCI Professional Practice 3
- Internap Teams with Akamai to Provide Cloud Security and Data Center Protection
- Boyd County 911 Upgrades Emergency Medical Dispatch Response with PowerPhone's Total Response
- BlackBerry Completes AtHoc Acquisition
- DataStax Announces Strategic Collaboration With Microsoft
- DE-CIX Palermo Internet Exchange Begins Operations
- OSGi Alliance Launches New Expert Group to Provide Modular Solutions for IoT
- STUDY: Offering SMBs Cloud Services Could Present a Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity to Telecoms Operators
- The Co-operative Group Selects Eckoh to Strengthen Payment Security
- Voxsmart joins government-backed Business Growth Service
- ENTERPRISE SDN – Italtel and Cisco boost collaboration on emerging technologies