Edward Jones is one of the nation's fastest-growing financial services firms. We currently service 7 million clients through our network of more than 11,000 branch offices. We are seeking highly motivated, results-oriented individuals as we continue to grow and meet the needs of the long-term individual investor.
Our commitment to providing a workplace that both challenges us and rewards our associates has contributed to our inclusion in FORTUNE magazine's list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For 2012" in America. The firm has appeared on the list 13 times, including the No. 5 ranking for large-sized companies this year.
Business Continuity Planning Manager
This position is responsible for the continued development and maintenance of an assigned portfolio of Business Continuity Plans that includes a selection of business divisions and home/branch office locations across the US and/or Canada.
• Partner with key business owners and coordinators to design, implement, and maintain Business Continuity Plans as well as to ensure plans are tested for critical firm functions
• Work with various divisions of the firm to ensure compliance with the industry's Business Continuity Planning regulatory requirements; with particular emphasis on Business Constituents, Vendors and Service Providers as well as internal training, exercising and testing with critical third parties
• Responsible for the daily coordination and support of the divisions in their BCP activities and assigned projects as needed
• Maintain and continue the functions of the BCP department and the BCP Program (back-up role), during normal and unusual circumstances, in the event of the absence or availability of the BCP Director
• Bachelors Degree
• Certified Business Contingency Planner (CBCP) or Member of the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI) or willingness to obtain such certification preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Business Continuity Planning. Part of that experience could be in fields that would be considered equivalent responsibility levels
• Ability to collaborate with Division BCP leaders and coordinators to develop and maintain plans and to conduct training, exercising and testing programs for each division, and across the firm
• Ability to understand (or learn) vendor business functions as well as the Information Systems (IS) functions relating to vendor business functions and services is required
• Understanding of the BCP regulatory requirements that are applied to the Securities Industry and particularly those requirements that relate to Business Constituents and Vendors and Service Providers as well as Training, Exercising and Testing
• Strong project management skills.
• Basic understanding of IS data center recovery methodologies in order to effectively consider those in the business area plans.
• Demonstrated Thought Leadership competencies which include: strategic and critical thinking skills, planning and organizational skills, and ability to drive projects and concepts to completion
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels of management, including senior management
• Knowledge of business continuity planning, as demonstrated through the certifications noted above.
• Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.
• Basic understanding of BCP Training and Exercising concepts and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard MS Office systems (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).