Disaster Recovery Specialist
Associate Director, Disaster Recovery
The Disaster Recovery Specialist will serve as a senior leader on the DR team. This team supports both DR and High Availability (HA) Programs. The DR Specialist should be a broad technologist who has the understanding of many different technology platforms and can apply basic technical concepts to multiple scenarios. They should understand core concepts and methodologies of DR, including replication types, and be able to speak intelligently to technical designs as well as spot potential issues.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate execution of large-scale, global DR tests impacting all lines of business.
- Coordination and management of > 100 IT resources at a time across multiple time zones for DR / HA Testing events.
- Serve on the Engineering Committee representing the DR Team to review and provide input to all new application DR technical requirements and architecture design.
- Produce DR deliverables including: DR Test Plans, DR Test Reports, and DR Plans.
- Identification and communication of DR risks, and the development of risk mitigation strategies
- Administrator of the Disaster Recovery SharePoint portal
- Knowledge of different type of technologies and infrastructure, (WAN, LAN, authentication systems, Wintel, Solaris, Unix, Oracle, MS SQL) required
- Previous experience on a technical team (network, SAN, database administration, etc) required
- 5+ years strong experience in IT program / project management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity experience a must.
- CBCP certification preferred
- IT Policy experience (creation of policies, compliance, etc) a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills; Must be able to facilitate calls clearly and professionally
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English.
- Availability to travel occasionally to other locations for business.
- BS Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalency.
How to Apply:
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here: http://www.citco.com/careers/charlotte-north-america/disaster-recovery-specialist