The British Consulate General, Miami is seeking a highly qualified emergency management professional to fill the position of Disaster Management Advisor to provide support in Miami while advising and serving as a technical expert to the 5 British Caribbean Overseas Territories (Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Turks & Caicos) and Bermuda.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university in emergency management, public administration, urban planning, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical experience acquired through at least 5 + years of significant working experience within an Emergency/Disaster Management preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery agency or environment.
- Professional emergency management certification such as Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) and Florida Emergency Preparedness Association (FPEM).
- Knowledge of Incident Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the planning, organization, implementation, and follow up of emergency management tabletop/full scale exercises, plans and capability assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Competency in Setting Direction, Delivering Results‚ and Engaging people.
- Work history demonstrating the ability to function effectively as a part of a team and as a leader.
- Ability to travel and have a valid passport.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
How to Apply and to View Full Job Description: