This role will provide enterprise resiliency coordination & support between IT Service Resiliency and MetLife’s Mainframe, Windows, Distributed Applications and Telecommunications to support MetLife’s continuity of operations.
List of Responsibilities
- Build strong customer / stakeholder enterprise, regional and in-country relationships. Apply understanding of stakeholders (e.g., leverage best practices, advocate client position) to optimize business resiliency efforts.
- Provide support to the enterprise on DR/IT Service Resiliency MetLife Business Continuity Management framework.
- Guide customers on tools, templates and methodology for Disaster Recovery to perform strategy and plan development, testing, and Plan Quality Reviews to ensure adherence to MetLife Standards and plan viability.
- Support and help coordinate the Application Technical Dependency Analysis, Gap Analysis and Strategy Development that enables technology to be mapped to Business Processes for the Global Data Center initiative.
- Assist in facilitating global management reporting on the state of DR/IT Service Resiliency metrics.
- 2+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or financial services industry experience with business resiliency, disaster recovery, in a global enterprise with experience in implementing Disaster Recovery tools that automate the recovery process.
- Technical background for global data center environments with expertise in the coordination of Disaster Recovery tests for individual applications as well as data center tests; includes setting scope, objectives, review of test plans, and issue tracking/resolution supporting a business process view.
- Periodically on call.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Awareness with industry standards and guidelines: ISO 22301, CERT RMM, ITIL, and FFIEC.
- Professional Certification such as ABCP, ABCI and other relevant industry certification preferred.
Business Category: Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings: 1
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.