MetLife is building a Global Technology Center in Raleigh, NC. Our technology group develops innovative, customer-centric solutions in a collaborative and fast paced work environment. We are seeking experienced professionals to join our team and help us build a world-class Global Technology organization.
Summary of Position Responsibilities
This role will provide enterprise resiliency leadership, management, coordination and consulting between IT Service Resiliency and MetLife’s Mainframe, Windows, Distributed Applications and Telecommunications to support MetLife’s continuity of operations with heavy emphasis on Disaster Recovery Testing.
- Build strong customer / stakeholder enterprise, regional and in-country relationships including with management. Apply understanding of stakeholders (e.g., leverage best practices, advocate client position) to optimize business and technology resiliency efforts.
- Lead the oversight and coordination for DR Testing of Disaster Recovery strategies, plans for a global computing environment enterprise wide complimentary to Business Resiliency Planning.
- Lead the validation of technology Recovery Time Capabilities and Recovery Objective Capabilities during testing to ensure business process RTOs and RPOs can successfully be achieved; provide leadership and oversight to ensure After Action, lessons learned, gap acceptance/remediation, plan, and process improvements are completed from test results.
- Provides leadership, subject matter expertise and consulting services on DR Testing to the enterprise on DR/IT Service Resiliency best practices, MetLife policies, industry standards and framework while ensuring adherence.
- Lead and guide customers on tools, templates and framework methodology for Disaster Recovery testing while supporting a business process view; responsible for global management reporting on the state of DR/IT Service Resiliency Testing metrics for overall governance.
- 7+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or financial services industry experience with business resiliency, disaster recovery, in a global enterprise with a strong technical background for global data center environments.
- Experience in leading the implementation Disaster Recovery tools that automate the recovery process.
- Expert in coordination of Disaster Recovery tests for individual applications as well as data center tests; includes setting scope, objectives, review of test plans, and issue tracking/resolution supporting business processes; on call 24/7/365.
- Familiarity with industry standards and guidelines: ISO 22301, CERT RMM, FFIEC, and ITIL with professional Certification such as MBCI, CBCP and other relevant industry certification preferred.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Travel: 10-15% - Domestic and international travel may be required.
Business Category: Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings: 1
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.