Spring World 2016 is the premier business continuity conference in the world. We bring together the best in business continuity education, technology, and research to give you three packed days of learning and networking.
In this webinar, discover:
- What a modern crisis communications plan should include
- Common mistakes businesses make
- Best practices for communicating with employees, customers, shareholders, victims, the media (traditional and social) and other key stakeholders
- Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be BC Pros
- Resilience and the Nation’s Power Grid
- Beware of Artificial Readiness
- 2015 Alternate Site Directory
- Best Practices in Business Recovery: Colocation or DRaaS?
- The Disaster Recovery Maturity Framework
- How to Accelerate IT Resiliency Through Virtualization
Latest BC/DR White Papers
- Exploring the Business Continuity Software Market
- Technical Brief: Secure, Efficient Data Deduplication for Endpoint Protection
- Five Security and Risk Management Questions to Ask Your Cloud Provider
- The Cloud Advantage: Five Ways the Cloud Is Better for Business When Disaster Strikes
- Four Myths of Cloud Backup
- Taneja Report: Making the Virtual Infrastructure Non-Stop
- Disaster Recovery Planning Guide
- Strategies to Solve and Optimize Management of Multi-Tiered Business Services
Written by: Vicki Thomas
August 28, 2005 is a day that stands out as marking one of the worst natural disaster ever experienced in the United States. Television and Internet viewers watched as the city of New Orleans, LA was overcome with the force of Hurricane Katrina. Over 1,000 people were killed, more than $100 billion in damage was done and so many people have struggled to get back to life as they knew it pre-Katrina.
There is a lot that has already been written about Katrina, the disaster response, the mistakes made, the stories of people’s survival, the missteps in the ensuing 10 years of recovery and about what still lays ahead for those impacted. We aren’t going to say anything new here that hasn’t already been said. Instead we’ve collected a number of links to articles that provide different views and stories on what happened, what is happening and what should happen moving forward to enable recovery from this disaster.
Deadline is Wednesday! SW 2016 Call For Papers!
Submit your Spring World 2016 Call for Papers!
Managing Global BC Programs as THE Lone Planner
Watch the Video Here!
Best Practices in Business Recovery: Colocation or DRaaS?
Download Your Copy Here!
Buyers Guide Choosing The Right BC Technology
Summer Journal, Volume 28, Issue 3
Download the Full Contents Here!
Disaster Resource Guide
Check out this Brand New Feature!
October 14, 2015
Crisis Communications: The Modern Do’s and Don’ts
October 21, 2015
Cybersecurity: Before, During and After a Breach
#DRJournal Twitter Feed
- A Practical Disaster Recovery Approach for Mission Critical Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems
- Thinking About Hurricane Katrina 10 Years Later
- Q and A with DRJ Fall World 2015 Speakers
- How Do You Know What To Say?
- Communication Lessons
- Do SANs Need Defragmentation?
- Fault Tolerance in Virtualized Data Centers
- The Right Words Can Be Hard To Find
- How Do You Know Who To Trust?
- 5 Trends Making the Cloud Your DR Epicenter
- The Strategic Risk of Tunnel Vision
- SQL FAQ – Does SSD storage introduce any additional problems for Microsoft SQL Server recovery?
- What to Expect After South Carolina Survivors Call FEMA
- Human error named as leading cause of UK data loss
- FEMA Encourages Participation in Oct 15 Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills
- Dell and EMC: Do Two Halves Really Make a Whole?
- Two Dead, Four Injured in Two School Shootings
- Columbia Sends Water Rescue Team to South Carolina
- Schools use Social Media to Watch for Threats of Violence
- NOAA awards $5.7 million to improve hazardous weather forecasts
- SandyNet to Use Calix GigaCenter Multi-User MIMO for Superior Wi-Fi
- Bell Integrator Partners With EView Technology
- AVSystem launches Coiote – a new Comprehensive IoT Platform for M2M Device Management, Orchestration and Monitoring
- ScreenCloud becomes one of the first companies to adopt new .cloud domain building it into its rebrand and business ethos
- DeltaXML Merge Version 4.1 brings richer functionality and improved usability to enhanced authoring and reviewing
- Harris County Emergency Plan is a Partnership with Area Cities
- Improved Fire Safety for Pneumatic Control Systems
- CMC 5000: Crisis Management & Communication Professional (CMCP)
- ThinkOn Selects 9yahds for Disaster Recovery and Availability Planning and Compliance
- MLB Network Leads Off With Oracle to Chronicle Baseball History and Expand Programming