FEMA has announced that the ISO 22301 business continuity standard has been accepted as a PS-Prep standard and two of the previously adopted PS-Prep standards have been removed, after being retired by the standards development organizations that originally developed them.
The retired standards are:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600: Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs, 2007 and 2010 editions.
- British Standard (BS) Institution 25999-2:2007 Business continuity management Part 2: Specification.
The situation now is that PS-Prep recognizes three business continuity standards:
- ASIS SPC. 1-2009 Organizational Resilience: Security, Preparedness and Continuity Management System
- NFPA 1600 Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs, 2013 edition
- International Organization for Standardization, ISO 22301:2012: Societal security -- Business continuity management systems --- Requirements
PS-Prep program information and references will be updated to reflect these changes.
Sources: ICOR and FEMA