As I discussed in a previous post, for small to midsized businesses, cloud backup services can simplify the process of backing up data and storing it offsite. Such services are available in many service levels and fit the budgets and data storage needs of a variety of businesses.
Before a company signs on with a managed service provider (MSP) for backup services, however, it should answer questions to head off potential issues:
- What type of service does the company need?
- Will there be latency issues?
- What is the service provider’s availability?
- How will security be handled?
- Are there compliance policies that will need to be followed?
- How will cloud backups mesh with current policies for data recovery and/or disaster recovery?