BCM 5000: Auditing BCM Programs for PS Prep Certification & ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Training
is the only Auditor Course that prepares both internal and 3rd party auditors as well as BCM professionals to audit BCM programs against all 5 DHS accepted standards. Also NEW! Introduction to ISO 22301 - the new international standard for Business Continuity Management Systems.
Auditors who will be responsible for certifying private sector companies under PS-Prep in the
USA must have completed a training course that includes examination of the auditor's competence in ASIS SPC.1, ISO 22301, NFPA 1600:2010., ISO 19011, and ISO 17022. Lead Auditors who wish to certify companies to ISO 22301 will also need to add to their competencies.
BCM 5000 provides students with the skills and knowledge to conduct and lead effective business continuity management system audits in accordance with the requirements of the BCMS standards, ISO 19011: 2012 and ISO 17022: 2012. Outside of the US, BCM 5000 teaches ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Training only.
2012 Course Schedule
August 20-24, 2012: Chicago, IL Summit Executive Center
November 5-9, 2012: Tampa, FL Marriott, Tampa Waterside
Class meets 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Daily
Course Description (Download the Brochure)
Attendees will gain a solid understanding of business continuity management programs and practices along with an in-depth study of the appropriate standards and audit requirements.
The course includes the following process for instruction:
- Essential BCM Program Components are introduced and explained (the How)
- The appropriate standard component is identified (the Why)
- The appropriate audit requirement is determined (the What)
To assist with the understanding of the overall process, the class is constructed around a case study and each activity will be applied to the case study as we move through the course and practice applying the standards to auditing practices.
Also included in the course are small 'quizzes" taken after each section and an exam review "Jeopardy" game to prepare for the exam.
Course materials include the following:
- Student Guide - Over 300 pages of text and pictures (not ppts!) to be used as a future reference
- Case study
- Sample plans and supporting documentation to evaluate the case study against the standards and audit requirements
- Copy of each of the following standards:
- ASIS SPC.1 (student must download from ASIS website and provide)
- BS 25999 Part 2 (through 2012)
- NFPA 1600: 2010
- ISO 22301
- ISO 31000 review guide: Structured Approach to ERM and ISO 31000
- BCI's Good Practice Guidelines 2008
- Compliance Scorecard for meeting requirements of each standard and all standards
- NEW! Includes ISO 22301 - the New International Standard for BCMS
Course Outline and Learning Objectives
Part 1: Requirements of a Business Continuity Management System
Part 2: Developing Strategies to Mitigate Risk
Part 3: BCM Program Implementation - the elements of a BCM program and keeping it up to date
Part 4: Embedding BCM into the Culture of the Organization
Part 5: Program Improvement, exam review and exam
As a result of successfully completing BCM 5000, students should show competence in and an understanding of the following areas:
- The key practices of a business continuity program for organizations of all sizes
- The requirements for auditing business continuity programs under the 3 PS-Prep standards
- The essential elements of the standards:
Course Audience: Internal auditors, 3rd party auditors (certifying bodies for PS-Prep), and BCM professionals.
Attendees should have some auditing experience, but can have only minimal expertise with business continuity management systems. Attendees with expertise and experience with BCMS will gain the necessary knowledge to prepare for an external audit and to develop a standards-based program.
Accreditation and Certification
BCM 5000: Auditing BCM Programs for PS Prep Certification & ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Training is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). ANSI is the only US accreditation body. ICOR's BCM 5000 is the only ANSI accredited PS-Prep course .
Upon completion of BCM 5000 and passing the exam with a rate of 75% or higher, attendees will earn a certificate as a BCMS Auditor.
Course Fee: $2,895.00 USD includes all course materials, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments.