- Today EMC® executives, customers and partners kicked off an around-the-world, 24-hour live broadcast from Milan Italy announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT Transformation (see related news release).
- EMC is enhancing the EMC® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure portfolio, including 18 configurations and introducing 4 new configurations – all leveraging the new VNX systems.
- With the inclusion of the new VNX® 5400, 5600 and 5800, VSPEX solutions delivers 2x more VMs and twice the value.
- EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure in just 17 months has achieved unprecedented growth by shipping 3600 VSPEX systems and amassing 3,000 customers who are transforming their cloud environments with one of the industry’s most simple, efficient and flexible reference architectures based on best of breed products.
- Available through the EMC Velocity™ partner program, VSPEX has over 1500 partners in 85 countries leveraging the EMC brand and industrial design in conjunction with EMC alliance partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft, and VMware.
Interact with EMC Online
- View the 24-hour live EMC broadcast for additional access to EMC content and experts
- Join the conversation with #Speed2Lead and follow @EMCCorp, @EMCVNX, @EMCVSPEX, @EMCITMgmt, @EMCVPLEX, @EMCXtrem, and #EMCChannel and #VSPEX
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
The predictable performance of VSPEX has now been further enhanced with the inclusion of the new VNX 5400, 5600 and 5800 Series as part of the solution designed to enable support of up to 1000 virtual machines, 2x more than ever before for VSPEX workloads at twice the value. These new VSPEX configurations powered by VNX further speed transformation to the cloud by driving simplicity and offering more VMs per system, thereby reducing time-intensive planning, sizing and configuration by administrators.
Read more about this news at EMC’s product and technology blog, EMC Pulse Blog: http://pulseblog.emc.com/2013/09/04/vspex-more-power-more-protection-more-nimble
Fueled by the need to shorten time to value, reduce IT overhead and streamline management, EMC has shipped 3,600 VSPEX and enabled 3,000 customers who have rapidly adopted and deployed the simple, efficient and flexible reference architecture built on EMC's award-winning storage systems and data protection products, along with best-of-breed virtualization, server, and network technology from EMC alliance partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft, and VMware.
New and Enhanced VSPEX Choices
Eighteen enhanced and new VSPEX configurations, representing popular use cases, leverage the new VNX systems announced today as well as a number of advanced data protection capabilities. These configurations are being updated to also include the latest technology from our ecosystem partners. Among the enhanced configurations are:
- VSPEX for Citrix end user computing is being enhanced with Citrix XenDesktop 7 – Expected to be available in the second half of 2013.
- Enhanced data protection capabilities for VSPEX with Avamar 7 and new Data Domain DD2500 DD4200 systems – Expected to be generally available in the second half of 2013.
- VSPEX for VMware private cloud is being enhanced with VMware vSphere 5.5 – Scheduled to be available this month upon VMware vSphere 5.5 general availability.
- VSPEX for VMware end user computing is being enhanced with VMware Horizon View 5.2 – Scheduled to be available in the second half of 2013.
- VSPEX for virtualized Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and VSPEX for virtualized Oracle 11g – Available immediately.
- VSPEX for virtualized Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 and VSPEX for virtualized Microsoft Exchange 2013 – Scheduled to be available in the second half of 2013.
Four new configurations across two new solutions expand the benefits of VSPEX within customer environments. They include:
- End User Computing – Three new VSPEX configurations for end user computing with Citrix XenDesktop 7 on Microsoft Hyper-V – Scheduled to be available in the second half of 2013.
- Continuous Replication – VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for continuous replication with RecoverPoint – Scheduled to be available in the second half of 2013.
Industry-Leading and Integrated EMC Data Protection Products
The backup and data protection options for VSPEX are unmatched – and now those options are becoming even more comprehensive. To deliver the latest backup and recovery technology all VSPEX solutions will be refreshed to leverage the new Data Domain DD 2500, DD 4200, Avamar 7, and VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced. To deliver continuous data protection and availability for the applications running in VSPEX environments, EMC also is refreshing the VSPEX with VPLEX® solution to leverage data protection capabilities of the new VNX and is announcing a new VSPEX with RecoverPoint® solution. Now customers will be able to choose the backup and data protection option that fits their company size along with their data and application availability requirements.
Channel Partner Quote
William Huber, VP of Sales and Principal Architect, Panurgy
“We've seen a clear trend toward converged and integrated systems. Our customers want the benefits of cloud, but they need an easy ramp to get there. With VSPEX we can quickly deliver an integrated, end-to-end solution that supports their business goals. The new VSPEX solutions reaffirm EMC's commitment to helping us rapidly deliver all of the benefits of cloud computing in a flexible and proven best-of-breed solution to our customers.”
In-Jae Lee, IT Team Manager at Segyung Britestone (Korea)
“With VSPEX, we finished our private cloud deployment faster than expected because we skipped the steps for design, installation, and configuration. This shortened our project schedule by 43%, lowered our TCO by 35% and our environment is now 100% virtualized. VSPEX dramatically accelerated our journey to cloud computing.”
Josh Bauer, Assistant Director, Network Operations, Acorda Therapeutics (USA)
“At Acorda Thearapeutics time to market is everything - our patients depend on us to deliver quickly. With VSPEX running our data center, we spend far less time managing our IT infrastructure, and far more time innovating through IT to ensure our customers get what they need.”
For a full list of Partner Quotes, click here.
EMC Executive Quote
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, of Product Operations and Marketing, EMC Corporation
“VSPEX is a simple, efficient and flexible reference architecture solution that has accelerated time to value for over 3000 customers already. The solutions announced today help ensure that our customers can continue to easily and quickly deploy the latest best-of-breed cloud technology to accelerate their journey to the cloud.”
- Learn More about VSPEX
- Learn more about partnering with EMC
- Join the #EMCChannel and #VSPEX conversations on Twitter.
- ECN: https://community.emc.com/community/partner/vspex
- Video: New DataCrunchers Speed2Lead Unified Storage Road Race
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.