Zero Customer Capital Investment DR Suite Features Workload Replication Via VMware SRM and Microsoft Hyper-V
ENGLEWOOD, CO – Latisys, a leading provider of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions today announced Latisys Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), a tailored and wide ranging offering delivered as a monthly service requiring no capital investment by the customer.
Latisys’ DRaaS portfolio ranges from near-instantaneous continuous availability (Geoclustering) services, to simple offsite data backup services, to the Latisys enterprise cloud integrated into DRaaS solutions for additional savings. Key benefits for the business include:
· Achieve continuous availability if high uptime is absolutely critical
· Get key systems up and running within a defined window
· Safeguard data in an offsite location
· Satisfy regulatory requirements for disaster recovery plans
Simplicity & flexibility to tailor a DR solution to specific requirements & budget
Latisys DRaaS services feature a consultative approach that begins with a critical business impact analysis that distills the need for disaster recovery into three key concepts: A company’s Recovery Point Objective (RPO) - how much data can you afford to lose? Its’ Recovery Time Objective (RTO) - how soon do you need to have your systems up and running? The Cost of Downtime - how much does an hour of downtime actually cost?
No matter the size of the business, this information is essential to developing a comprehensive disaster recovery solution and in justifying the expense for those who make the financial decisions for an organization.
“Our customers are increasingly asking for comprehensive DR solutions,” said Christian Teeft, VP of Engineering, Latisys. “In the past you had to maintain a completely redundant infrastructure at a cost of 2X—putting DR out of reach for most small-to-medium enterprises. Today we have a range of options that can be tailored to your specific RPO and RTO—making DR more affordable, more powerful and more effective.”
Based on the traditional concept of cold, warm, and hot site Disaster Recovery, Latisys’ DRaaS offerings include a wide range of options that can be tailored to ensure maximum ROI on RPO/RTO:
- Data Protection (cold) - Managed data protection using EMC Avamar. These managed backup services ensure that data can be restored from a disk–a good option if cost of downtime is low, or if there is contractual or regulatory obligation to fulfill.
- Storage Replication (warm) - Several options for storage replication are available, including using the HP 3PAR StorServ storage platform to replicate from the storage system to a remote location. This is ideal if RPO and RTO both need to be less than 12 hours.
- Workload Replication with VMWare (even warmer) - VMWare Site Recovery Manager (SRM) maintains a scripted recovery plan to shut down specified virtual machines and automatically restore them to a recovery site. RPO is less than one hour and RTO is less than four hours.
- Workload Replication with Microsoft (warmer still) - The Microsoft Hyper-V Replica function performs asynchronous replication over commercially-available broadband networks, enabling enterprises to perform manual failover in the event of a disaster. This form of hypervisor replication is a good option for smaller enterprises or those already invested in Microsoft technologies.
- Geoclustering (hot) - When cost of downtime is very high, Latisys can design active/active geoclustered database replication and globally load-balanced sites with nearly instant failover. This is a good option for companies with thousands of transactions per hour.
- The Latisys Cloud - Powered by the HP CloudSystem Matrix, Latisys’ enterprise cloud infrastructure provides flexible and cost-effective access to DR compute resources.
Together the above resources & capabilities comprise Latisys’ complete Disaster Recovery as a Service portfolio. Customers can also take advantage of Latisys expertise to design and maintain solutions so IT staff can optimize their overall IT infrastructure beyond DR.
“Latisys has made the capital investment in hardware as well as the operating investment in people and processes to tailor a DR solution to specific customer requirements,” said Pete Stevenson, CEO of Latisys. “DR is an increasingly important component of any enterprise IT business strategy and Latisys is focused on making DR both affordable and available so resources are actually there when businesses need them most.”
Latisys is a leading national provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services, disaster recovery and private cloud solutions to medium-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage of serving business customers since 1994, and multiple high-density data centers across the United States, Latisys offers a scalable outsourced IT infrastructure platform that provides customers with what they need, when they need it. As a client-centric company—with state of the art data centers in Ashburn, Virginia, Chicago, Denver and Irvine, California—Latisys is quickly becoming the IaaS platform of choice for companies that seek for a true IT infrastructure partner for whom it isn’t “either / or” between colo, cloud, managed hosting and traditional on-premise IT—but rather “all of the above” delivered in a hybrid fashion. Call 1-866-956-9594, visit www.latisys.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/latisys for additional information.