- Pacnet announces today the beta launch of the Pacnet Enabled Network (PEN), an industry-first service platform that leverages software-defined-networking (SDN) to deliver flexible and scalable bandwidth configurable by customers, heralding a major advance in the capabilities of enterprises and carriers to build high-performance and cloud-ready networks.
- Powered by Pacnetâ€™s innovative Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) model, PEN delivers scalable bandwidth and software-enabled intelligence, allowing customers to dynamically provision bandwidth in minutes, based on their business needs.
- PEN puts Pacnet at the forefront of industry efforts to meet the networking challenges prompted by the growth of cloud computing, offering customers scalable bandwidth that adapts to their networking requirements, integrating software-enabled intelligence with Pacnetâ€™s unsurpassed network of wholly-owned data center and undersea cable infrastructure.
HONG KONG â€“ Pacnet today announced the beta launch of the Pacnet Enabled Network (PEN), an industry-first service platform that leverages software-defined-networking (SDN) to deliver flexible and scalable bandwidth configurable by customers, heralding a major advance in the capabilities of enterprises and carriers to build high-performance and cloud-ready networks.
Powered by Pacnetâ€™s innovative Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) model, PEN delivers scalable bandwidth and software-enabled intelligence, allowing customers to dynamically provision bandwidth in minutes, based on their business needs. PEN users are able to create a virtualized cross-connected environment leveraging Pacnetâ€™s wholly-owned network of data centers and telecommunications infrastructure for unrivalled coverage of financial and business centers across Asia-Pacific.
â€śPEN is a quantum-leap for the industry that catapults networking into the cloud-computing age,â€ť said Jim Fagan, President of Managed Services at Pacnet. â€śWith the regionâ€™s most extensive coverage of data centers and subsea cable network, Pacnet has the capabilities to execute and deliver next-generation tools to help our customers stay on top of their networking needs in the demanding world of cloud.â€ť
PEN offers customers the ability to self-provision bandwidth, manage and monitor network usage and account information in real-time. The platform utilizes OpenFlow, an open-source technology, for high-performance network management, providing seamless connectivity to a hybrid cloud service environment, giving customers the flexibility to choose their cloud vendor.
PEN at a glance: key customer benefits
- Leverage Pacnetâ€™s unrivalled global infrastructure: PEN is built on an enterprise class network, which offers point-to-point international private connections to customers, and extensive data center facilities across 10 data centers in Asia-Pacific.
- Fully automated provisioning with flexible network optimization options: PEN customers can provision dynamic bandwidth within minutes either through Pacnet Connect, a Web-based portal, or via an Application Programming Interface (API), eliminating the need for manual processes. This gives users the control to customize and configure network based on their performance and quality of service requirements.
- Pay for what you use: With a flexible pricing model, customers will be billed according to the amount, quality and duration of network usage.
- Hybrid cloud gateway: PEN, which utilizes an OpenFlow based software controller, extends enterprise class data centers and private clouds to any external cloud vendors, offering customers the flexibility to create a truly virtual Asia-Pacific data center.
PEN offers customers access to major multiple or large carriers and data centers through the Pacnet network, and creates a virtualized cross-connected environment. This means customers can provision a network from the Pacnet Hong Kong data center to their on-premises facilities in Australia.
With a full launch expected in the first quarter of 2014, PEN is at the center of Pacnetâ€™s transformation into a â€śnext-genâ€ť provider of cloud, data center and telecommunication services, increasing options for customers and generating additional synergies with other existing Pacnet managed services offerings.
More PEN Resources:
- PEN website
- Pacnet President of Managed Services Jim Faganâ€™s blog and video
- Pacnet Vice President of Data Center Construction & Operations Giles Proctorâ€™s blog and video
- Pacnet will demonstrate PEN live at the OpenStack Hong Kong Summit 2013 in AsiaWorld-Expo at 6:20pm on 5 November 2013 (Hong Kong time).
Pacnet is Asia-Pacificâ€™s leading provider of managed data connectivity solutions to major telecommunications carriers, large multinational enterprises and government entities in the Asia-Pacific region. Ownership of the regionâ€™s most extensive high-capacity submarine cable systems with over 46,000 km of fiber and connectivity to interconnected data centers across 14 cities in the Asia-Pacific region gives Pacnet unparalleled reach to major business centers in key markets including China, India, Japan and the United States. Combined with a comprehensive set of managed network and value-added data center services, its assets and experience in the region have helped Pacnet service large businesses worldwide including Fortune 500 companies. Pacnet is headquartered in Hong Kong and Singapore, with offices in all key markets in the Asia-Pacific region and North America. For more information, please visit: www.pacnet.com.