Hybrid and All-Flash Storage Appliance Leader Achieves Key Milestones as StorTrends 3500i is Deployed Broadly to Seamlessly Expand Capacity and Boost Enterprise Application Performance
NORCROSS, Ga. – StorTrends® today announced significant momentum as demand for its hybrid and all flash storage arrays for virtual and physical environments escalates. The is the only storage area network (SAN) device to combine solid state drive (SSD) caching and SSD tiering into a single storage appliance. Optimized to support VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix and RHEV enterprises of all sizes, the solution delivers dramatic performance and reliability for the most demanding applications including high performance databases, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), cloud storage and mixed workload environments - at industry leading price points.
According to International Data Corporation (), the solid state drive market will grow from $3.3 billion in 2013 to $10.9 billion in 2018. That represents a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26.9 percent. StorTrends is experiencing a surge of growth to address the pent up demand for its family of flexible storage solutions.
To support SSD growth and match the dynamics of business, the StorTrends 3500i enables both SSD cache and SSD tier upgrades. The scalable solution enables options to upgrade from 200GB SSD drives to 400GB, 800GB or 2000GB SSD drives without costly forklift upgrades. In addition, by running the tool, customers can easily identify exactly how much flash is required to support their environment. The StorTrends iDATA software runs unobtrusively and analyzes capacity utilization, IOPS usage, reads vs. writes for volumes, network bandwidth, performance, server statistics and more to classify the amount of "hot data" and "cold data" required.
StorageReview Enterprise Lab tested the StorTrends SSD hybrid storage array built for high performance and maximum capacity. During the benchmark testing, which was conducted against well-known Tier 1 storage vendors, the StorTrends 3500i demonstrated top-of-the-class performance.
According to the lab testing, the biggest selling point of the 3500i was its availability in both hybrid and full SSD configurations, as well as the inclusion of both SSD caching and tiering functionality in the same array. This feature boosts overall system performance and is unique in the hybrid storage market as most vendors provide only caching or only tiering. StorTrends offers a variety of configurations for the 3500i, with the typical accelerated configuration using four SSDs for tiering and two for caching. The array supports multiple HDD tiers as well, letting users opt for performance or capacity oriented configurations. With an expansion shelf customers can tune for both, taking advantage of capacity and performance HDDs with the rapid flash layer on top. For enterprises that need even more performance, the 3500i may be configured entirely with flash drives to deliver unparalleled performance.
Key StorTrends milestones include the following:
- Launched StorTrends 3500i hybrid and all flash storage area network (SAN) to combine SSD Caching and SSD Tiering into a single storage appliance.
- Taneja Group Lab validation recognized StorTrends 3500i array as one of the most comprehensive, versatile and cost effective solid state systems on the market. The hybrid and all flash storage appliance delivers solid state performance and scalability for enterprises.
- Unveiled StorTrends PROFIT Program, a comprehensive channel program that gives partners one of the highest protected margins in the industry for StorTrends' All-Flash, Hybrid and Spinning Disk storage solutions.
- Launched StorTrends iDATA assessment tool, a software solution designed to provide an accurate assessment of IT infrastructure performance, capacity and throughput requirements. The StorTrends iDATA tool can assess pain points in an environment before they become disruptive and provide the details needed to make informed storage decisions - while eliminating the need to over-provision costly storage resources.
- SSG-NOW Lab Review identified StorTrends iDATA tool as an "invaluable" tool for accurately assessing an IT infrastructure in order to find and eliminate pain points, avoid business disruption and make informed storage purchase decisions.
"From day one we designed a patented, hybrid and all flash storage array that eliminates performance barriers impacting enterprise applications," said Justin Bagby, Director of StorTrends. "As the SSD market continues to explode, so does the need for scalable, reliable, low cost solid state storage that can deliver the performance improvements that help organizations realize the true potential of their virtual and physical infrastructure investments."
Tweet this: @StorTrends achieves record milestones as SSD Market Grows
StorTrends® from American Megatrends (AMI) isPerformance Storage with Proven Value. StorTrends SAN and NAS storage appliances are installed worldwide and trusted by companies and institutions in a wide range of industries including education, energy, finance, state & local government, healthcare, manufacturing, marketing, retail, R&D and many more. StorTrends meets the challenges and demands of today's business environments by offering key network storage functionality such as unified storage, simplified management, business continuity, disaster recovery, high efficiency and virtualization support. For further information, please visit: http://www.stortrends.com/.