COMPANY: SunGard Availability Services
TITLE: Senior Consultant, Storage Consulting Services
INTERNAL ID: 8725
LOCATION: Denver, CO or Norwalk, CT or Wayne, PA or Jersey City, NJ or Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX or San Ramon, CA or Huntington Beach, CA
SALARY: $80 – 120k
About the Position:
In this role you will be a Senior Consultant within the Consulting Services business unit of SunGard Availability Services. You will lead a group that focuses on delivering Data protection and Storage services to our clients. This includes leveraging emerging technologies and solutions to address client problems and deliver exceptional results. This service line is at the core of the Technology Architecture (TA) practice. You will be responsible for solution development, practice development, and thought leadership for your service line and for the Technology Architecture practice as a whole.
- Attaining Billable Utilization (90%) goals.
- Able to travel up to 75% within the US (typically Mon thru Thurs).
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to clients and staff.
- Leading small teams through delivery of Service Line solutions and serve as mentors to Consultants.
- Junior Subject Matter Expert (technical or business analyst) within a Service Line.
- Understanding of Service Line delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them.
- Assist in the execution and delivery of consulting projects.
- Provide input to the project manager when he/she is developing the project plan.
- Be able build out solution offering deliverables from loosely defined specifications.
- Be able to review and provide feedback on functional and technical documents/deliverables created by other team members.
- Be able to create requirements documents, design documents, test plans/cases, etc.
- Serve as backup for project manager in his/her absence.
- Propose suggestions to make the project more productive or successful to project management in a tactful manner.
- Building and managing relationships with client for the projects you are working on
Requirements / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a consulting firm organization.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Storage domain.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a client relationship within your current project.
- Possess a strong track record in delivering Infrastructure solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams.
- Minimum 1 year small team management experience.
Specific SKILLS (EXPERIENCE):
1.) Minimum 6 years’ experience with data protection or storage administration and three of the following:
- EMC Clarion
- EMC Symmetrix
- HDS USP/USPv/VSP
- IBM DS Series
- IBM XIV
- IBM TSM
- Symantec NetBackup
- EMC NetWorker
- CommVault Simpana
2.) Minimum 4 years’ experience with system administration in at least 3 of the following:
- AIX 5.x and above
- Solaris 9 and above
- Microsoft Windows 2003 and above including Active Directory
- HP-UX 11i and above
- Red Hat Linux 7.x and above
- SUSE Linux
3.) Basic understanding of storage, data protection, network, server, virtualization architecture design and implementation principles.