This position resides in Dublin and will provide support for all of EMEA.
eBay Inc. Resiliency Program is committed to providing governance, guidance and a framework, which enables an appropriate level of preparation and response to any event that compromises critical business processes or systems. Under the direction and support of executive management, the Program works toward ensuring organizational resiliency capable of meeting its customer obligations and regulatory requirements.
The Business Continuity Program Account Manager primary role is to provide end-to-end Business Continuity planning support to EMEA business unit. The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting his/her internal partners in managing the administrative and tactical business continuity planning components of the BCM life cycle including, conducting business impact analysis, establishing and maintaining site business continuity plans and standards, testing/exercising to ensure capabilities are consistent with expectations, reporting program status to regional and corporate BCM program management, as well as executing on related BCM program projects. This position requires a 24/7 365 on call status to support the eBay global footprint and supports the on-going development and management of the Corporate BCM Program using methods that are consistent with internal policies and industry standards and best practices. Additionally, this person will be the Business Continuity advocate working cross functionally to ensure all EMEA regional departments collaborate, understand and adhere to evolving and maturing of Business Continuity planning efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate and actively represent your assigned business unit(s) or regional entities - in the strategic direction of Business Continuity Management across the EMEA region.
- Assist in the development and implementation of BCM methodologies and tools.
- Develop highly functional multi-level management relationships and a strong understanding of the business assigned to support.
- Participate and (in some instances lead) BCM strategic analyses and risk assessments.
- Development of Business Continuity Business Impact Analysis, strategy development, and plan development within the framework established by the eBay Inc. Resiliency Program. Conduct Business Impact Analyses (BIAs) and assist business units with determining critical business processes, acceptable recovery time periods, and resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disruption.
- Manage assigned business unit(s) in the development of their BC plans. Develop detailed procedures to assist business units in the facilitation and implementation of a Business Continuity Plan within their organizations.
- Manage the planning, coordination, communication, execution, and reporting of BC/DR tests/exercises. Facilitate annual testing and maintenance of Business Continuity plans working with other areas to ensure actionable continuity plans.
- Assist/Lead the development, maintenance, and reporting of key BCM Program performance goals/metrics and budgets.
- Design and deliver BCM training, awareness and communication programs.
- Ensure that BC requirements and standards are properly communicated, understood, and implemented by the various teams impacted.
- Provide recovery support and assistance to business resumption staff during a disruption.
- Perform other duties (or special projects) as assigned.
- 5-7 years experience in the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of Business Continuity Management (BCM) methodologies in large multi-national organizations.
- Successful track record in organizing, training, coaching, and leading BCM teams in medium - large companies; the effectiveness of the BCM program manager will be determined through the results of exercises or managed events.
- Applied knowledge of relevant financial regulatory standards and industry best practice is a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple (sometimes competing) priorities and prioritize based on risk and business needs.
- Track record of managing complex programs and successfully delivering multiple high-profile projects (with both business and technology components), with aggressive due dates and within agreed budget constraints.
- Excellent project management experience with strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills necessary to establish standards and implement complex business continuity plans, PMI certification a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational, analytic, and complex problem-solving skills, and a keen focus and attention to detail.
- Adheres to high ethical standards and demonstrates strong work ethic with an emphasis on team commitment, collaboration, acknowledge and build on othersí ideas, and support group decisions.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to senior management and executive levels with a proven record for obtaining commitment and on-going support.
- Experience moving cross-organizational programs forward, and demonstrated capability to effectively deal with resistance to change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Good negotiation skills; able to motivate and persuade to get action.
- Professional certification from either the Disaster Recovery Institute, International (DRII) or from The Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
- Knowledge of industry and international BCM standards and familiarity with implementation issues as it relates to country regulatory and other requirements. Such standards may include publications by DRII, BCI, INST, ISO standards, FSA, FFIEC, Basel II, and others.
- Solid knowledge of current, proven BCM methodology theory, frameworks and industry best practices with a keen appreciation of associated benefits and practical limitations. Excellent knowledge and understanding of business continuity planning techniques and technologies along with methodologies used in risk, financial and business impact analysis.
Jodi Barcelona, Sr. Manager, CBCI
eBay Inc. Resiliency