Kroll Ontrack advances the practice of data wiping with the launch of Ontrack Eraser 4.0
- Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2013 17:41
- Written by Mike McClain, Web Editor
MINNEAPOLIS – Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of , ediscovery and information management, today announced the launch of Ontrack® Eraser 4.0, a feature-rich enterprise data eraser solution, complete with expanded drive wiping capacity, VMware® eraser capabilities and new reporting and security management functionality.
“A 2012 Internet Security Threat Report¹ revealed that 234 million identities were exposed in 2011 because of breaches, reiterating the importance of effective, secure data wiping,” said Abhik Mitra, product manager, Kroll Ontrack. “Whether you are a corporation that needs to recycle a large number of drives that are end-of-life or re-deploy a set of machines, Ontrack Eraser 4.0 can handle the specifications of your environment and the scope of your job – all while ensuring proper protocol is being maintained.”
Specific features and functionality of Ontrack Eraser 4.0 include:
· VMware Drive Wiping Capabilities: The ability to delete data from VMware machines, ensuring corporations are securely deleting data from their virtual environments and therefore addressing the complete scope of their IT environment.
· Enhanced System Performance: The enhanced capacity to perform over 200 concurrent device erasures to ensure the largest enterprise jobs are handled efficiently.
· Enhanced System Reporting: New reports that denote the hard drive make, serial number and model number, as well as the wipe algorithm applied to accomplish the job, providing corporations with the appropriate records for recycling centers and compliance requests.
· Security and Central Management Capabilities: New system authentication functionality to validate the erasure is conducted in the correct manner by the appropriate individual.
Data wiping is fundamental to complying with laws and regulations regarding data retention and privacy and reducing the risk of security breaches. The advanced capabilities of Ontrack Eraser 4.0 enable enterprises to build a fully automated, efficient and cost-effective wipe process for a large number of devices. In addition to the enterprise software, Kroll Ontrack also has a mobile erasure service to help corporations address their erasure needs and meet their compliance and security requirements.
“At Alternativ Data, we needed a robust software tool that could handle wiping 18,000 used drives annually, so we could resell those drives afterwards,” said Ståle Hagen-Arnsen, logistics and security manager, Alternativ Data. “Ontrack Eraser does just that for us. It enables us to wipe a very large number of drives efficiently, while also providing detailed reports that confirm which drives were wiped and when.”
For more information about Ontrack Eraser 4.0, visit http://www.krollontrack.com/information-management/data-erasure-solutions/.
About Kroll Ontrack Inc.
Kroll Ontrack provides technology-driven services and software to help legal, corporate and government entities as well as consumers manage, recover, backup, search, analyze, and produce data efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition to its award-winning suite of software, Kroll Ontrack provides data recovery, data backup, data destruction, electronic discovery and document review. Kroll Ontrack is a subsidiary of Altegrity, an industry-leading provider of information solutions. For more information about Kroll Ontrack and its offerings please visit: www.krollontrack.com.