New STORServer Hybrid Appliance uses customer-supplied hardware to provide a fully integrated STORServer solutionCOLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. –– STORServer®, the leading provider of proven data backup solutions for the mid-market, announces today its new Hybri
- Published on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Written by Web Editor
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. –– STORServer®, the leading provider of proven data backup solutions for the mid-market, announces today its new Hybrid Appliance (HA), designed to use qualified, customer-supplied hardware to provide a fully integrated STORServer solution.
The HA is built by taking STORServer’s software bundle and fully integrating it with customers’ hardware for reliable, easy-to-use, expedient daily administration. The solution allows data backup across multiple platforms and locations, including virtual machines and local and remote devices and supports most operating systems, applications and database technologies.
STORServer’s intuitive user interface, STORServer Console (SSC), makes daily management across the enterprise easy from a single location.
“The Hybrid Appliance is an ideal solution for customers who want to protect their environment more efficiently with their existing hardware,” said Bill Smoldt, president of STORServer. “We’ll take the customer’s hardware and build the system for them by adding Tivoli Storage Manager and all of its components, STORServer Console and any other required software integration.”
Each HA provides a disk-to-disk-to-disaster recovery copy to disk, tape, cloud or a STORServer Appliance and uses Enterprise or Basic IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) software (except with the STORServer Instant Restore Appliance).
How it works:
- 1.The HA software is installed on the customer’s hardware by a STORServer technician.
- 2.Client software is installed on servers and workstations.
- 3.Data flows from local or network storage into online storage pools.
- 4.Online, on-site pools copy to any one of three off-site disaster recovery pools.
- 5.After the initial full backup, subsequent backups are incremental forever capturing new and changed data only.
- 6.When a restore is required, the STORServer database produces the list of files to restore along with their locations in local and off-site storage pools.
- 7.All versions of files (current and older) are available for immediate restore.
- 8.In the event of a loss of data, copies of all versions of all files are available in the optional off-site disaster recovery pool for restoration.
Affordably priced, the HA series aggressively competes and wins against any similar sized backup solution. STORServer’s support puts its expertise at customers’ fingertips and provides a single point of contact for warranty and support of all software-related concerns.
Built on TSM, STORServer offers a complete suite of enterprise backup appliances, software and services that solve today’s backup, archive and disaster recovery challenges. STORServer EBA 3100, 2100, 1100 and 800 recently took four out of five top positions in the DCIG 2012 Backup Appliance Buyer’s Guide. After evaluating 66 products, DCIG felt that no other backup appliance came close to the EBA3100, placing it in an "enterprise" category of its own.
For more information on HA and STORServer’s line of data backup solutions, visit http://www.storserver.com. To download the full DCIG 2012 Backup Appliance Buyer’s Guide, visit http://backupapplianceguide.com.