Spring World 2016 is the premier business continuity conference in the world. We bring together the best in business continuity education, technology, and research to give you three packed days of learning and networking.
- Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be BC Pros
- Resilience and the Nation’s Power Grid
- Beware of Artificial Readiness
- 2015 Alternate Site Directory
Sustainable Planner® is everything you need in one powerful tool. SP supports all aspects of organizational resilience including business continuity, BIAs, disaster recovery, incident management, risk assessments, situational awareness, BCMM, and program assessments.
Latest BC/DR White Papers
- Exploring the Business Continuity Software Market
- Technical Brief: Secure, Efficient Data Deduplication for Endpoint Protection
- Five Security and Risk Management Questions to Ask Your Cloud Provider
- The Cloud Advantage: Five Ways the Cloud Is Better for Business When Disaster Strikes
- Four Myths of Cloud Backup
- Taneja Report: Making the Virtual Infrastructure Non-Stop
- Disaster Recovery Planning Guide
- Strategies to Solve and Optimize Management of Multi-Tiered Business Services
Written by: Vicki Thomas
August 28, 2005 is a day that stands out as marking one of the worst natural disaster ever experienced in the United States. Television and Internet viewers watched as the city of New Orleans, LA was overcome with the force of Hurricane Katrina. Over 1,000 people were killed, more than $100 billion in damage was done and so many people have struggled to get back to life as they knew it pre-Katrina.
There is a lot that has already been written about Katrina, the disaster response, the mistakes made, the stories of people’s survival, the missteps in the ensuing 10 years of recovery and about what still lays ahead for those impacted. We aren’t going to say anything new here that hasn’t already been said. Instead we’ve collected a number of links to articles that provide different views and stories on what happened, what is happening and what should happen moving forward to enable recovery from this disaster.
SW 2016 Call For Papers!
Now Open! Submit yours Today!
Best Practices in Business Recovery: Colocation or DRaaS?
Download the White Paper Here!
Buyers Guide Choosing The Right BC Technology
Summer Journal, Volume 28, Issue 3
Download the Full Contents Here!
Disaster Resource Guide
Check out this Brand New Feature!
October 21, 2015
Cybersecurity: Before, During and After a Breach
October 14, 2015
Crisis Communications: The Modern Do’s and Don’ts
#DRJournal Twitter Feed
- A Practical Disaster Recovery Approach for Mission Critical Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems
- Thinking About Hurricane Katrina 10 Years Later
- Q and A with DRJ Fall World 2015 Speakers
- How Do You Know What To Say?
- Communication Lessons
- Do SANs Need Defragmentation?
- Fault Tolerance in Virtualized Data Centers
- The Right Words Can Be Hard To Find
- How Do You Know Who To Trust?
- 5 Trends Making the Cloud Your DR Epicenter
- Even if You Have Insurance, Register with FEMA
- NOAA, Deepwater Horizon Trustees announce draft restoration plans for Gulf of Mexico following 2010 disaster
- FEMA: Chain of Wetlands Project Reduces Flood Risks in City of Dallas
- Hurricane Katrina Teaches Former FEMA Chief, Brown, Resilience
- Research into ancient mega-tsunami highlights worst-case scenario
- Tax set to play critical role in determining front-runners in Global Asset Management
- Storm Dumps Foot of Rain Across Columbia, S.C., Overnight
- Ignorance is No Excuse: Managing Third-Party Risk
- BCI: Using business continuity management to protect against data breaches
- FEMA Awards More than $5.6 Million to Louisiana for Flooding and Wind Damage Protection Measures
- Do More For Less with CloudFusion from Avere on Amazon Web Services
- TELEHOUSE Expands its New York International Internet Exchange (NYIIX) throughout the United States
- TmaxSoft Launches TIBERO as Cloud based DBMS solution
- Safe Share added to Colt PrizmNet
- Weather Decision Technologies Powers Big Data Analytics for Climate Applications with Internap's High-Performance Colocation and Global Network Services
- AppDome, Dynamic Application Security Wrapper Vaccinates Apps Against XcodeGhost And Other Malicious 3rd Party Code
- Avere Systems Enhances Support for Google Cloud Platform
- SMV Launches Revolutionary New Software Designed to Keep and/or Rebuild a Digital Inventory of All Belongings in Case of Emergency or Natural Disaster
- DE-CIX Launches Service in Istanbul and Acquires IST-IX
- RDT Enlists NaviSite to Accelerate Time to Market