xMatters™ enhances smartphone access to its leading business continuity and IT notification technologies
- Published on March 22, 2013
- Written by Mike McClain, Senior Web Designer & Site Manager
“The reality of the evolving workplace is that employees are more dispersed than ever and increasingly relying on mobile devices for business communication,” said Troy McAlpin, CEO, xMatters. “When it comes to critical communications in the enterprise – for IT alerts or emergency notifications – people need to be able to access and initiate plans from their mobile devices so they can work toward resolution without having to be in front of a computer.”
With xMatters’ smartphone applications, companies can use push notifications to deliver critical information and communication plans to the right employees at the right time. As a result, people can initiate remediation efforts from virtually anywhere. Combined with Bamboo’s ability to publish incident management plans to smartphones for offline access, xMatters’ comprehensive mobile business continuity and IT notification solution now enables workers to drive resolution processes forward through mobile devices.
“While the freedom that mobile technologies afford us has changed the way we work, it has the potential to create problems when things go wrong. Because of this, we think it’s imperative that companies have mobile strategies for initiating notifications during unexpected events,” said Doug Peete, VP product management, xMatters. “Enabling critical communications and incident management on-the-go ensures timely and appropriate responses should a company need to reach its employees or customers in the event of a crisis or IT failure. Our latest mobile applications ensure the most efficient resolution of any issue that may occur by tying into our enterprise communications platform, and integrating seamlessly with IT management products and business continuity systems.”
xMatters’ mobile application feature set now includes:
- Access to communications plans and instructions via smartphones even when offline
- Ability to initiate communications plans from anywhere, enabling users to simply “push a button” when an emergency happens
- Attach images from smartphone cameras to notifications so real-time updates on emergencies can be documented
- Use push notifications to deliver plans, instructions and tasks to drive remediation efforts - a clear cost advantage when compared to more common SMS messages
- Locate team members using GPS and maps to facilitate response orchestration
- Start conference bridges instantly to facilitate team collaboration
xMatters’ new Android application and updated iOS application are now publicly available through Google Play and the Apple App Store. For more information, visit www.xmatters.com.