Disaster Recovery Journal
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Road
Arnold, MO 63010
Ph: (636) 282-5800
Fax: (636) 282-5802
Article Submission Guidelines
Article deadlines for this quarterly publication are generally the first Friday in February (Spring edition), May (Summer edition), August (Fall edition), and November (Winter edition). Any subject regarding business continuity planning or disaster recovery will be considered for publication throughout the year.
- Articles should be approximately 1,500 to 2,000 words in length. Articles more than 3,000 words will be returned for an edit by the author
- Articles may not be simultaneously submitted to other publications.
- Articles must be vendor-neutral. No mention of any business continuity vendor – or the products and services they provide – will be published. Sections about “how to choose a vendor” or “how to select a specific product or service” may also be removed.
- Articles may be written in first or third person, but ultimately, all articles are considered the opinion of the author. Your opinion on the selected topic may carry a lot of weight in the industry, but most readers would like the assurance of being provided a source on particular information.
- • Endnotes or bibliographies will not be printed. All references must be incorporated into the body of the article. For example:
- “According to a 2014 Stanford University survey, most computer users will …”
- “Bill Johnson, noted economics professor from Stanford University, believes most computer users will …”
- Authors should include a short one or two sentence bio about themselves at the end of the article.
- • Authors are encouraged to submit photographs, charts, or other graphic illustrations to enhance the presentation of the article. All graphic files must be saved separately in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, .eps, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Including photos in a Word document will not suffice.
- Authors should also submit a headshot photograph in a standard graphic format (.jpg, .tif, etc…) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the intended size. Color photos are preferred over black and white.
- Articles should be saved in Microsoft Word and sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Articles may be edited for length, clarity, style and improper usage of industry terms. Please refer to the DRJ glossary (http://drj.com/resources/tools/glossary-2.html) before submitting article.
- All articles that fit the above criteria will be evaluated by a panel of industry experts before being accepted. This blind peer review ensures the quality of articles published by Disaster Recovery Journal.
- Upon acceptance, all authors are required to sign a copyright agreement. Disaster Recovery Journal will retain all publishing rights. However, DRJ will grant authors permission to reproduce the article for corporate marketing purposes or other non-competing publications.
- Due to the volume of articles we receive – and oftentimes the subject of other articles on hand – publication of your submission may take up to six months.
- Most accepted articles will run exclusively on DRJ.com in our weekly "Online Exclusive" feature. Selected articles will run in the quarterly printed and digital editions of Disaster Recovery Journal.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, contact Jon Seals, editor in chief, at email@example.com.