The age of manual disaster recovery is rapidly reaching end of life. The need for an ‘Always on’ business that leverages enhanced technologies is driving traditional recovery programs to seek improved, cost effective alternatives. Speed, accuracy, and consistency quickly become the predominate principles for effective resiliency programs.
Many factors are driving the need for taking the next step towards transforming resiliency programs to enable a more software defined, orchestrated approach to keeping a business up and running. These include:
- Corporate demands for less downtime, evidenced by the growing number of real time, online systems that demand a 24x7x365 end user experience to drive expected results
- Increased mandates for external compliance and internal audit to demonstrate continuous availability and a near instant response to an outage
- Threats from cyber activity that require immediate action to identify and re-mediate the concern and resume processing with minimal business interruption
- Continuous monitoring and confirmation of the resiliency program which increases confidence that should an event occur, the business is ready to respond
- Increased recovery capacities to manage the tremendous upsurge in data growth and hybrid IT progression is driving the need for more significant resiliency designs to protect information and develop a more expeditious means to bring it back online in the event of an interruption
- The challenge to validate recovery given the increase in size and complexity of the environment and the inherent risks associated with demonstrating full business functionality without impacting production
Addressing these factors has become a huge challenge, especially when using traditional methods for validation of the program, responding to a live event, and ultimately demonstrating complete business resumption. Recent technology developments in the area of automation and orchestration not only address these needs, but more specifically provide the road map for the next generation of business resiliency....