Tagged in: DRJ Spring World
Mark these dates on your calendar: March 30 - April 2, 2014 and make a note that you’ll be in Orlando, Florida for Spring World 2014.
It might seem a bit early to start planning your 2014 education, networking and learning opportunities, but we really don’t want you to miss out on attending Spring World 2014. We’ve got a great agenda of classes, workshops, sessions - all led by the leaders in the disaster recovery and business continuity space.
To help you start planning your Spring World 2014 experience, each week we’ll highlight different sessions, workshops, events and presenters.
Sunday is all about getting you settled and helping you start Spring World with workshops and sessions that are about group and dynamic learning.
Our Sunday Workshops (1:00 - 3:30) include topics such as:
- Birds of a Feather BC Management Roundtable Discussions - moderated by Robbie Atabaigi of KPMG, this discussion session will focus on industry themes and topics.
- How to Align IT with the Goals of Your DR Program - Sudhir Gadepalli of Enterprise Resiliency Services will take you through the process of building a “target state IT DR architecture” that is fully aligned with the goals of an enterprise’s business continuity objectives.
Next up on Sunday is the Solutions Track (4:00 - 5:00) - seasoned industry veterans present solutions using the latest resources, products and strategies. Sessions include:
- Organizational Resiliency: An Achievable Goal - led by Ramesh Warrier of eBRP, you’ll learn how risk management linked to effective response strategies - rather than recovery plans - can lead to a more resilient organization.
- Operational Resiliency: Governance in BC/DR World - led by David Halford of Forsythe Solutions Group, this session will explore best-practice approaches to incorporate operational resiliency into your BC/DR program governance.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
For the next three mornings, you’ll start your days with our General Sessions. The goal of these sessions is to give you the opportunity to learn a broad range of information from top industry experts. Start your day with learning in a fun, relaxing environment!
Learn from industry experts including:
- Troy McAlpin of X Matters: When Business Interruption Requires Intelligent Communications
- Tracey Forbes of SunGard: Resiliency in a Risky World
- Barry Pruitt of Pinnacle Business Concepts: Build It Like a Business
The afternoon Breakout Tracks give you a chance to build on the learning you did in the morning with some more in-depth sessions including:
- Old Dogs CAN Learn New Tricks: Applied Techniques for Optimizing the Value of BC/DR - led by Lenny Sharpe of Target and Ryan Falcone of N’compass
- Turning BIA’s into Business Recovery Capability - led by Sheri Mungai of PepsiCo
- How to Effectively Take Action on Lessons Learned - led by Debra Zoppy and Marc Sokol of Guardian Life
Monday Advanced Track
Senior practioners are invited to attend our special one-day track on Monday - the theme is Technology’s Impact on Disaster Recovery and includes a general session in the morning and the following afternoon breakout sessions:
- Technology’s Impact on Disaster Recovery - led by Peter Hill of ING U.S. and Peter Laz of Forsythe
- No Man Left Behind: Technology to Integrate Physical Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery - led by Marcus Prendergast of ITG
- Round Table Discussion with Industry Panelists including Peter Hill, CTRSO Ing., Bernie Cowens, CISO First American, Barry Briggs, CTO Microsoft and moderated by Randall Till of VISA
The Monday Advanced Track wraps up with a Meet The Experts Reception where you are invited to mingle with the presenters in an informal reception. Meet and talk with these industry experts and take the opportunity to ask questions and gain knowledge about your specific concerns and challenges.
To be part of this great learning opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the qualification requirements for the Advanced Track. (There is no additional cost for the Advanced Track.)
This is just a brief snapshot of what we have planned for you at DRJ Spring World 2014… We didn’t even get to tell you about the Networking Breakfasts, Cyber City, Product Demonstrations, Monday evening hospitality, and our Pre and Post-Conference Workshops…
Yes, there is a lot happening at Spring World 2014 - you don’t want to miss this conference especially since we’ll be ready to celebrate - Spring World 2014 is our 50th show! That’s right our 50th DRJ conference - so we want you to be part of it.
As usual, we’ve got a great venue for you in Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort - including a great deal on rooms.
We look forward to seeing you in March. As always, should you have any questions about DRJ Spring World - don't hesitate to contact us.