Spring World 2016 is the premier business continuity conference in the world. We bring together the best in business continuity education, technology, and research to give you three packed days of learning and networking.
In this webinar, discover:
- What a modern crisis communications plan should include
- Common mistakes businesses make
- Best practices for communicating with employees, customers, shareholders, victims, the media (traditional and social) and other key stakeholders
- Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be BC Pros
- Resilience and the Nation’s Power Grid
- Beware of Artificial Readiness
- 2015 Alternate Site Directory
Sustainable Planner® is everything you need in one powerful tool. SP supports all aspects of organizational resilience including business continuity, BIAs, disaster recovery, incident management, risk assessments, situational awareness, BCMM, and program assessments.
Latest BC/DR White Papers
- Exploring the Business Continuity Software Market
- Technical Brief: Secure, Efficient Data Deduplication for Endpoint Protection
- Five Security and Risk Management Questions to Ask Your Cloud Provider
- The Cloud Advantage: Five Ways the Cloud Is Better for Business When Disaster Strikes
- Four Myths of Cloud Backup
- Taneja Report: Making the Virtual Infrastructure Non-Stop
- Disaster Recovery Planning Guide
- Strategies to Solve and Optimize Management of Multi-Tiered Business Services
Written by: Vicki Thomas
August 28, 2005 is a day that stands out as marking one of the worst natural disaster ever experienced in the United States. Television and Internet viewers watched as the city of New Orleans, LA was overcome with the force of Hurricane Katrina. Over 1,000 people were killed, more than $100 billion in damage was done and so many people have struggled to get back to life as they knew it pre-Katrina.
There is a lot that has already been written about Katrina, the disaster response, the mistakes made, the stories of people’s survival, the missteps in the ensuing 10 years of recovery and about what still lays ahead for those impacted. We aren’t going to say anything new here that hasn’t already been said. Instead we’ve collected a number of links to articles that provide different views and stories on what happened, what is happening and what should happen moving forward to enable recovery from this disaster.
SW 2016 Call For Papers!
Now Open! Submit yours Today!
Best Practices in Business Recovery: Colocation or DRaaS?
Download the White Paper Here!
Buyers Guide Choosing The Right BC Technology
Summer Journal, Volume 28, Issue 3
Download the Full Contents Here!
Disaster Resource Guide
Check out this Brand New Feature!
October 14, 2015
Crisis Communications: The Modern Do’s and Don’ts
October 21, 2015
Cybersecurity: Before, During and After a Breach
#DRJournal Twitter Feed
- A Practical Disaster Recovery Approach for Mission Critical Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems
- Thinking About Hurricane Katrina 10 Years Later
- Q and A with DRJ Fall World 2015 Speakers
- How Do You Know What To Say?
- Communication Lessons
- Do SANs Need Defragmentation?
- Fault Tolerance in Virtualized Data Centers
- The Right Words Can Be Hard To Find
- How Do You Know Who To Trust?
- 5 Trends Making the Cloud Your DR Epicenter
- NOAA awards $48 million to advance climate research, improve community resilience
- MSPs: How to Educate Non-IT Staff
- Crowdsourcing Innovation as a Means of Advancing IT’s Relevance
- FEMA: Sewer Authority Mitigation Plan Reduces Risk of Environmental Disaster
- 5 Tips to Minimize Frustration with Your GRC Technology
- Trends in Travel Risk Management
- Forrester’s Security & Risk Spotlight – Rick Holland
- How Soon to Full Cloud Dominance?
- Heavy Rain and Flooding Stun South Carolina; at Least 12 People Killed
- Understanding risk tolerance is key to risk managers demonstrating value
- ThinkOn Selects 9yahds for Disaster Recovery and Availability Planning and Compliance
- MLB Network Leads Off With Oracle to Chronicle Baseball History and Expand Programming
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 Seattle Now Enables Developers to Build Delphi and C++ Apps for iOS 9
- Clusterpoint Disrupts Cloud Database Market With Clusterpoint 4 Computing Engine Combining Instantly Scalable Database and Computational Power
- WANdisco Fusion for Hadoop Deployed by Major Financial Services Firm
- Mesosphere and EMC Team Up to Expand DCOS Storage
- Information Builders Celebrates Midmarket Success
- ESG Lab Validates Avere’s Technology to Optimize Hybrid Cloud Computing Environments with Google Cloud Platform
- RiskIQ Acquires PassiveTotal to Expand Portfolio of Threat Infrastructure Analysis Capabilities
- ABBYY Helps Global Logistics Company Rhenus Automate Document Processing in its Shared Services Centre