Tagged in: Fall World
Ah June, the month when people start thinking about vacation plans, summer camp and getting away from the office for a bit.... Well, for us at DRJ, we've got something else on our minds - Fall World 2013.
To say that we're excited and looking forward to this upcoming conference would be an understatement. If you're a regular reader of this blog then you'll likely have read about our new venue (Hilton San Diego Bayfront) and you've probably visited our blog to learn more about the changes we have planned.
But what about the sessions, workshops and learning tracks? We want you to get the most you can out of Fall World 2013- so to help you, here is a synopsis of our Sunday Workshops:
The Sunday Workshops are all about getting that extra amount of information from experts who walk the talk when it comes to business continuity. These workshops give you a chance to interact with other attendees and explore topics at a more in-depth level. This year you can choose from:
- Birds of a Feather - BC Management Roundtable Discussions: Experienced BC professionals will lead these structured, yet flexible BC roundtable discussion. You will gain solutions, while having the opportunity to build relationships and solve problems among BC planners in similar situations.
- Incident Management Planning and Social Media: Back by popular demand, PPBI has updated this highly interactive workshop. Learn how social media can have a dramatic impact on incident management. Discover the Incident Command System (ICS) and the PPBI Incident Management Plan Maturity Model which was developed from recognized standards and industry best practices.
- Crisis Decision-Making: Are You Ready To Make The Call?: Any emergency requires rapid decision-making but being able to make these decisions requires understanding of one’s own priorities, capabilities, and resources. Using background information provided, participants will work together in teams to make decisions about evacuation of a hospital during various types of emergencies.
- Ready, Set, Exercise! How To Conduct A Successful BCP/DRP Exercise: Successful crisis management and disaster recovery takes more than a plan: it requires realistic testing and validation. How do you do that properly? Are your exercises smoke and mirrors or do they provide as-close-to-real situations as possible? How does your program compare? How can you improve? During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to set up and conduct a successful BCP/DRP exercise.
- BCMS PS-Prep Case Studies: This innovative and inaugural panel discussion is designed to expose the delegates and attendees to the full spectrum of “real world” experience on the issues, value, challenges and benefits of considering if accreditation to the PS-Prep and approved standards is a path for your organization. The panel will include representatives from organizations that have been through the process successfully. They will share their perspectives and lessons learned from the process. They will also answer questions posed prior to and during the session.
- The Disaster Experience: Join Attainium for our latest disaster scenario. This disaster experience has been designed to put you in the throes of a real-life disaster situation, as it unfolds. Make the critical decisions that any company will have to make - and deal with the consequences of those decisions! Improve your skills at communicating and making decisions during a crisis and learn from the experiences of the other participants.
In our next Fall World focussed blog post we'll take a look at the General Sessions.