Tagged in: DRJ Fall World
It may be the middle of the summer, but we've got our eyes on September and more specifically on DRJ Fall World. This blog post continues our series on highlighting the learning and networking opportunities you'll have at our September 22-25 conference in San Diego.
In this post, we're taking a closer look at the Tuesday Workshops. These workshops are designed to give you learning opportunities that take the knowledge you gained from the General Sessions and Breakout Tracks to the next level.
One of the keys to the Tuesday Workshops is that they're designed to be interactive and they are focused on experience level - so regardless of your level of BC knowledge, you'll find a workshop that meets your needs.
- ABC's of Operational Resilience: for those of you with all levels of knowledge and experience, this interactive tutorial-style workshop is intended to provide you with a comprehensive overview of modern operational resilience and associated concepts.
- Practical and Tactical Strategies to Implement Resiliency: for the novice and intermediate practitioners - if you are tasked with building a resiliency program from the ground up, or if you have inherited a BC/DR program that requires a major reboot, this hands-on workshop will provide tactical and practical strategies to implement a resiliency program that is truly aligned with the goals of your enterprise.
- Violence a Preventable Disaster: Understanding and Reducing the Risk: this workshop will prepare all levels of participants to recognize the basic danger signals, enabling them to provide intervention or seek assistance before problems escalate. Participants will receive proven methods to combat the rising tide of workplace violence and proactive steps that can dramatically reduce the risk of litigation and future legal claims.
- Build an ISO 22301 Management System to Capture Executive Attention: intermediate and advanced attendees will come away with an understanding of management systems principles and processes as well as the value of management system standards. Each management system component and process will be introduced using examples and case study content, as well as specific, practical ways to implement these processes in any environment.
- BCP Metrics: Resiliency Through Measurement: knowing how compliant your program is with industry standards and most importantly, how resilient it is, brings value to the bottom line of the organization. In this session, we will review the use of metrics and MHA’s Tier 1 and Tier 2 metrics to comprehensively assess a continuity program’s compliance with standards as well as resiliency.
- Command and Control: A Framework for Crisis Management: this session will introduce a decision-making model called Command and Control, and demonstrate how one of the world’s largest global apparel companies has applied this framework in training its leaders. Learn how to build tacit knowledge among leadership, develop solutions around the specific context of a crisis, and get executive buy-in for your crisis management program.
As you can see the Tuesday Workshops give you a range of interactive learning opportunities that will help you take tangible skills and ideas back to your organization. Be sure to visit the DRJ Fall World website to read more about the upcoming conference.
Don't forget that we've got a great new location this year with the Hilton San Diego Bayfront - this hotel and conference venue is ideally located and has some great amenities.
Looking forward to seeing you in September!