New York, NY – Continuity Software™, the world’s leading provider of disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity monitoring and management solutions, today announced the general availability of RecoverGuard version 6.0 (v6.0) featuring significant management, scalability, flexibility, and security enhancements. Designed and engineered in response to direct, real-world customer feedback, the RecoverGuard v6.0 new features and functionality will ensure that customers continue to be fully protected from loss of data or availability, and that business continuity will be maintained during any level of disaster, across their physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Specifically, RecoverGuard v6.0 has added:
- Distributed Collectors – Users can now setup multiple remote distributed data collectors across multiple geographies that are managed centrally by a single RecoverGuard server. This new feature enhances RecoverGuard’s ease of use, increases scalability to tens of thousands of servers, and improves the security of data collection by eliminating the need to share information across multiple domains, as well as enables automatic load balancing and seamless failover.
- Integration Options – Continuity Software has opened-up large portions of its RecoverGuard Configuration Management Database (CMDB) engine which allows for increased flexibility and easier integration into existing processes, a much deeper understanding of an IT environment’s storage and availability, as well as permits integration with additional external reporting tools, consoles, portals and other systems. Ticket management system integration has also been enhanced for easy integration with all major enterprise ticket management systems, with simple configuration via the UI.
- Host Configuration Comparison Module – Enables users to baseline their server environment, analyze and compare arbitrary groups of servers in order to understand which servers have deviations from the group, view side-by-side graphical comparisons for an even deeper understanding of the environment, and customize host configuration reporting for more effective and efficient management.
- Expansion Packs and Custom Signatures – Users can now specify the data to collect (e.g., file existence, metadata, content, registry value, command output, etc…), specify custom comparison criteria, easily share custom signatures, and customize the output reporting this information.
- Coverage and Support – IBM PowerVM (VIO server), IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVM), IBM PowerHA, and NetApp ZAPI have been added to the extensive array of servers, storage, and virtualization platforms supported by RecoverGuard (including EMC, HDS, NetApp, IBM, HP, VMware, Oracle, Microsoft, and others).
“One need look no further than Amazon Web Services (AWS) recent outage and interruption in customer service to know that disasters happen,” said Deni Connor, Founding Analyst, Storage Strategies NOW (SSG-NOW). “The ability to proactively identify potential weaknesses in your high availability and disaster recovery infrastructure in order to eradicate the issues before they negatively impact your business is critical. Not only can such outages negatively impact your business – after all, your nearest competitor is usually just a click away – a loss of service and/or data can also have dire regulatory compliance consequences. Clearly, a solution such as Continuity Software’s RecoverGuard is a ‘must have’ in today’s information-age economy.”
“RecoverGuard is the only tool on the market today that is able to detect complex situations and analyze their impact on such a level of granularity, in order to provide an unprecedented level of risk detection, so that the risks can be eliminated long before business impact,” said Doron Pinhas, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Continuity Software. “Our customers can sleep soundly knowing that should a disaster occur, their data and business applications will remain protected and highly available.”
About Continuity Software