IRVINE, Calif. – Vision Solutions, a leading provider of business resilience solutions for IBM Power Systems, published episodes two and three of its “Power Talk” podcast.
Episode two features a conversation with guest Larry Youngren, retired leader of IBM’s remote journaling team for IBM i and well-known author and speaker on high availability (HA). Topics covered include:
- Meeting timely recovery point goals through remote journaling
- Understanding the key differences between hardware and software replication
- Techniques for optimizing remote journaling performance and bandwidth usage
- Three tips for evaluating HA options
Episode three features a conversation with guest Ron Peterson, retired leader of IBM’s clustering team for IBM i and former senior product strategist for MIMIX. Topic related to IBM i HA are covered, including:
- Clustering in today’s HA options
- Unique HA challenges for IBM i systems
- Significant differences between SAN and software replication
- Tips for finding the right high availability solution
The Vision Solutions Power Talk podcast series is available at: http://www.visionsolutions.com/powertalk
“The conversations in these episodes continue what we started with our first podcast: tapping industry legends to give their invaluable perspectives on modern trends,” said Edward Vesely, EVP and CMO of Vision Solutions. “The stories and commentary in our Power Talk podcast series are invaluable to IT professionals seeking to better understand and optimize the technologies they rely upon to keep their organizations up and running.”
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions is a leading provider of business resilience solutions – high availability, disaster recovery, migration and data sharing – for IBM Power Systems. For more than 25 years, customers and partners have trusted Vision to protect and modernize their environments, whether on-premises or in the cloud. Visit visionsolutions.com and follow us on social media, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.