The DRJ Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) Generally Accepted Business Continuity Practices Committee maintains the Generally Accepted Practices (GAP) document, a collection of business continuity best practices which was designed and organized to correlate with the BCI Good Practice Guidelines.
The mission of the DRJ-EAB GAP effort is: “To be recognized as a leading source of sound Generally Accepted Practices by providing a repository of knowledge and recommendations offered by skilled business continuity practitioners.”
The GAP document was originally completed, in 2008, by 10 individual sub-committees of seasoned business continuity professionals from the DRJ Editorial Advisory Board and partner organizations (ARMA, FSTC and NFPA), including members from both the public and private sectors.
The DRJ Editorial Advisory Board is now coordinating in-depth reviews of each of the GAP sections, with acknowledged leaders in the business continuity profession who have been invited to review sections of the document which relate to their areas of expertise. The expert/distinguished reviewers are listed below.
Download the Individual Chapters (PDF Files)
- Project Initiation and Management – Mike Cannon, CBCP, CPMP, CIA, CSP, CISA
- Risk Evaluation and Control – Jim LaRue, MBCP, CISSP
- Business Impact Analysis – Barney Pelant, MBCP
- Developing Business Continuity Strategies – Margaret Millett, MBCP
- Emergency Response and Operations – Bobby Williams, MBCP, MBCI
- Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans – Jean Rowe, CBCP, MBCI
- Training and Awareness – Michele Turner MBCP, FBCI, CISA, CRISC, GRCP
- Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans – Robbie Atabaigi, MBCP, MBCI, CISA
- Public Relations and Crisis Communications – Gwen Shintani, MBCP, MBCI
- Coordination with Public – Gary Lupton, CBCP, MBCI, CCP
Download the Appendices Here (Word Doc)